Question about Saddle Mountain Dispersed Camping

Jackson asked on 11/18/2020

A few fire rings noted in the pictures....campfires allowed? Thanks!

Answered on 11/26/2020:

No Open Fires Banned at this time because of drought conditions. They are banned in the State of Arizona at this time 11-26-20
RobertWitham
Gillette, NV Ford E-150

Answered on 11/21/2020:

I have camped there a number of times and never seen any signs prohibiting fires. There are, as you noted, fire rings at the site. As others have commented, fire restrictions may be an issue at just about any time of year so it's always safest to check with the local BLM office just to be sure if there is any question.
Restlessbynature
CA 33' Damon Intruder

Answered on 11/19/2020:

Yes you can most times. If there are restrictions there should be signs posted....
This is unbelievable
Alvarado, TX 27' Heartland Mallard Ford F250

Answered on 11/19/2020:

It was no problem when we were there. Be sure to check with the locals. There is a Pilot truck stop about 12 miles or so away. Im sure they can advise.
Tim
40' American Coach Traditions

Answered on 11/19/2020:

We used a propane fire pit because I don't haul wood in my bus and it's illegal to cross state lines with wood. You can scrounge for wood.

Answered on 11/19/2020:

yes, watch out for flies.
bobbyseg
FL 35' Grand Design 3110BH Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

Answered on 11/18/2020:

At the time we were there in early November we saw others with small fires going but you should always check local fire regulations and fire risk.
passcreek
ID 33' Coachmen ADRENALINE Chevrolet 2500

Answered on 11/18/2020:

Depends on the BLM fire restrictions. Check with the local BLM or Forest Service office to see if there are restrictions for this time of year in that area.
TheBiggieBus
28' International School Bus 2016 Subaru Crosstrek

Answered on 11/18/2020:

There were several fire pits and a few folks enjoying a campfire.

Answered on 11/18/2020:

I don’t remember the rules exactly on this, but I made a fire with the fire pit on my camp site no problem and no hassle.