Lucky Star Casino

39 Newmar Canyon Star
Site Number: na
“oops.... I am too big”

Reviewed Dec 19, 2017

walk into the casino and go to security to register. their office is immediately to the right of the entrance. they do have a set of sites on the edge of the parking lot. They are for the most part fairly level and wide. However, I had 2 challenges.

1: they are only about 30' deep
2: the power and water are at the front of the site

my power is on the driver's side and the last bay. So, pretty much 39' from the front of the rv. the only vacant sites had the pole on the passenger side.

I couldn't pull into the site, because I would run out of site; leaving too much of my rear sticking out into the parking lot traffic lane. another site left his pickup attached to his 5th wheel and his while truck was sticking out. still made me too nervous that some idiot would drive into me and didn't want security banging on my door at 3 am. if I back my rv into the site far enough to keep the nose from sticking out, I would need a 50' power cord to cross under my rv and reach the front of the site; which I don't have.

I ended up just parking in the general lot and off to the side of the casino. The next day several folks left, which gave me a shot at a power pole on the passenger side. I made it work (see photo) and hung out 3 more days. No one new showed up, so plenty of elbow room. Millie loved running free on all the surrounding grassland.

I don't think I would stay here again. To risky there would not be a good spot open and there are plenty more casino's closer to the interstate.

Reviewed Mar 29, 2017

Very nice place to park & rest up for a few days. Full hookup free. Player club $10 free play.

about Lucky Star Casino?