Cool Lea Camp

Overview of Cool Lea Camp

Elevation 1,312 ft / 399 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about Cool Lea Camp

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Cool Lea Camp

Reviews of Cool Lea Camp 1 person has reviewed this location.

“Shockingly Rude”

Reviewed 9/16/2015

We were looking for a nice camp site in the Finger Lakes area and found Cool Lea campground in Odessa on Lake Cayuta. Everything seemed normal from the highway, but after we pulled into the driveway, we were met with a series of gigantic speed bumps that rattled our vehicle and nearly bottomed out going only 10mph. We continued up the long drive towards the office to inquire about available sites. I parked the car and approached the office when an angry man came chasing after us on a lawn mower, slammed his gear on the ground and approached me as if he wanted a fight..... He began to yell at me about "speeding" in his campground. I tried to explain to him that we were only going 10mph (up the very long driveway, mind you..) a reasonable speed, and that his speed bumps nearly caused damage to our car. He wouldn't listen to a word. Just kept screaming to get out of his property. We were shocked. I then decided I would never give this man my money, and proceeded to leave the camp. He blocked us in at the exit and was joined by a woman and 4 children (whom we presumed to be his daughter and grand kids). I beeped my horn once to say "Let us out", and the woman began cursing at us, and flipping her finger in front of her young children. I rolled down my window to attempt to explain the situation to her, and she just continued to curse. Finally the man moved his tractor, and we were allowed to leave.

Be the first to add a note for Cool Lea Camp!

Be the first to add a video for Cool Lea Camp!

Have you written a blog post about Cool Lea Camp?

Connectivity

Clute Memorial Park

Location, location, location

- ImagineWhere

Watkins Glen State Park

Great location and nice woodsy state park feel

- LetsJustGoRV

Pinecreek Campground

Close to Ithaca, NY, friendly staff but unlevel lots

- 5thWheeler

Watkins Glen-Corning KOA

Not very nice for a "resort"

- suebob