Cool Lea Camp

Overview of Cool Lea Camp

Elevation 1,312 ft / 399 m

View Map

Supporter Subscription

Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features!

• Cell Coverage Maps
  • Public Land Overlays
  • Trail Map Layers
  • Ad Free

Unlock Features

$20 Billed Annually

Q&A - Ask the Community about Cool Lea Camp

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Cool Lea Camp

Reviews of Cool Lea Camp 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 6/22/2021
Teresa
PA
22' Airstream Caravel
Toyota Tundra
“Under new HORRIBLE management”

Reviewed 6/22/2021

We had this campground booked for one week since it was relatively close to Watkins Glen. The website does a great job at making this "family friendly" campground look well maintained, but it was far from that. The sites are grass with a sorry attempt at a gravel pad that was barely wide enough for a 22' Airstream. They were also not marked at all with an inaccurate campground map. No privacy from your neighbors, and the lower spots require towing down a very steep hill that I wouldn't have wanted to try. Absolutely not worth anywhere near the price they charge; $70 a night is outrageous for this dump.

If you rely on cell service for work, do not book this campground. There was no service with AT&T and T mobile and 1 bar with Verizon. Although we checked the coverage maps before we went and they seemed to check out, the campground didn't have service. Long story short, we wouldn't be able to stay the week we reserved since both my fiance and I work during the week. When we explained the situation to the owner and asked for a partial refund, we were met with a rude "not my problem" and no common curtesy. We arrived at 6pm after a 6.5 hour drive and were left scrambling to find another campground to be able to work the next morning. Very rude, inconsiderate, and unaccomadating. Don't recommend staying here.

AT&T
T-Mobile

“Shockingly Rude”

Reviewed 9/16/2015

We were looking for a nice camp site in the Finger Lakes area and found Cool Lea campground in Odessa on Lake Cayuta. Everything seemed normal from the highway, but after we pulled into the driveway, we were met with a series of gigantic speed bumps that rattled our vehicle and nearly bottomed out going only 10mph. We continued up the long drive towards the office to inquire about available sites. I parked the car and approached the office when an angry man came chasing after us on a lawn mower, slammed his gear on the ground and approached me as if he wanted a fight..... He began to yell at me about "speeding" in his campground. I tried to explain to him that we were only going 10mph (up the very long driveway, mind you..) a reasonable speed, and that his speed bumps nearly caused damage to our car. He wouldn't listen to a word. Just kept screaming to get out of his property. We were shocked. I then decided I would never give this man my money, and proceeded to leave the camp. He blocked us in at the exit and was joined by a woman and 4 children (whom we presumed to be his daughter and grand kids). I beeped my horn once to say "Let us out", and the woman began cursing at us, and flipping her finger in front of her young children. I rolled down my window to attempt to explain the situation to her, and she just continued to curse. Finally the man moved his tractor, and we were allowed to leave.

Be the first to add a note for Cool Lea Camp!

Be the first to add a video for Cool Lea Camp!

Have you written a blog post about Cool Lea Camp?

Connectivity