Warren Bluff Campsite

Tate's Hell State Forest

2 Reviews
Warren Bluff Rd. Carrabelle, FL 32322 850-697-0010 877-879-3859 Official Website

• Reviews

Overview of Warren Bluff Campsite

Reservations yes

Open Seasonally Yes

Elevation 0 ft / 0 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about Warren Bluff Campsite

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Warren Bluff Campsite

Reviews of Warren Bluff Campsite 2 people have reviewed this location.

Confirmed by 2 Users
Last reported 4/15/2019

Reviewed 4/15/2019

Stayed for a couple of nights mid-April. Pretty and secluded, though a couple houses are visible a ways off across the river. Great view and a great breeze. Nice kayak access. Lots of bird activity, low light pollution. Nice charcoal grill, fire-pit, and picnic table. It's big enough that you could set up three or four tents if you really wanted. There's a couple trees right by the water where you can get a hammock up (or a tree tent, like we did.)

Getting to the site was a bit bumpy and difficult, with lots of muddy potholes and even some running water draining over one part of the road (though there was rock laid beneath it). Didn’t need 4WD but you'll want high clearance, and I recommend coming in from the south via River Rd (379) to Mill Rd, then crossing the small bridge at Burnt Bridge Rd, and finally a right on Warren Bluff Rd. The state forest website will say to come in off Gully Branch Rd, but it’s a much longer route, and if the road is in a similar condition you want the shorter way. As of April 2019 it doesn't seem like it's been grated in a while, but if/when that changes the access would then be pretty easy.

My biggest negative is that the site appears to be a local drinking spot when it isn't booked, because we had someone come up both days looking for a place to hang out. Once at 11:30 PM our first night, (they turned around and went elsewhere when they saw us set up), and then apparently again the following day while we were gone -- because we came back to find a couple beer bottles at our fire-pit that were not there before. They didn’t take anything, but it felt bizarre to have someone just loitering about our campsite while we were gone, with a most of our gear out.

I’d go back again, but probably not by myself. And not after a heavy rain.

Thumb squareroadavatar1000
WayneOnTheRoad
Calgary, AB, Canada 26' Glendale Golden Falcon Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD
“I camped in #47, but checked this one out too.”

Reviewed 12/12/2018

I camped in #47, the Oxbox site. One day I took the doggo for a walk down to this site to see what it was like. Took a few photos and looked around. The area is nice and quiet, the river is calm, it's a nice spot to get away from things.

Had I known before hand I would have booked this spot over 47 strictly for the more open trees which would benefit solar better than the one I was in.

The road in is not paved and can have some dips and potholes. Just take it slow and be mindful of the weather, recent rain may mean some large puddles but nothing too crazy. I wouldn't attempt to arrive at night unless you'd been here before.

WayneOnTheRoad would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Warren Bluff Campsite!

Be the first to add a video for Warren Bluff Campsite!

Have you written a blog post about Warren Bluff Campsite?

Oxbow Campsite

Great place to unwind with peace and quiet

- WayneOnTheRoad

Sunset Isle RV & Yacht

Just beautiful, quiet

- Leslie

Carrabelle Beach RV Resort

Very nice commercial campground on a bay off of the Gulf of Mexico

- Bella_International

Ho-Hum RV Park

Quiet, low key, no refunds

- Hebardstravels