Tumco Historic Townsite

Winterhaven, CA 92283
760-337-4400

Pad Type: dirt
Max Stay: 14

Seaweed would stay here again

“Great, even further away from the boondockers.”

Reviewed Feb 17, 2019

I have camped here many times over the years and it's my favorite because you have more space and a great area to explore. I used to like it because the Gold Rock Rv park was across the road and were friendly to us, we were glad to pay for a shower, laundry, and dump. This last time I was there the park looked in major distress. The office sign always was Closed and nobody around, it kinda felt like Slab City. Well I did get a shower but the money boxes were broken and so I slowly drove around to the dump and used it. Afterwards I went out back by the office to see if I could pay somebody, but nada. So I am driving down the road to the highway and next thing I see is the angry cow lady on a razr yelling at me. I stop and she cussed me out for not paying, she was just nasty about the whole thing. So Don't bother going to Gold Rock RV Park, just go back to Pilot Knob or El Centro.

lilrusty would stay here again

“Fantastic!”

Reviewed Mar 15, 2018

Great place to boondock. We were there in mid February. Very few campers in the area. So much to chose from. Fire rings in various areas. Easy for any rig to get in. Hiking everywhere. Visiting the Tumco townsite is a great experience. The train tracks are quite a distance away yet its sound is not bothersome at all. Beautiful sunrise and sunset. From Interstate 8 in Winterhaven, take Ogilby road North. Tumco is approximately 5 miles past the train tracks on the right side.

about Tumco Historic Townsite?

• Dispersed Camping