Lost Trail Hot Springs Resort

8321 US Highway 93 S
Sula, MT 59871
406-821-3574

“I think the health inspector needs to make his rounds at The Lost Trail Hot Springs”

Reviewed Aug 24, 2017

This has got to be the most disgusting place. The hot tub has black mold on the exterior and interior steps, as well as around the edges. The Hot Springs pool is falling apart and the water is filthy. The changing rooms are deplorable. There is carpeting in a pool changing room?!?! There is one bathroom that is filthy and doesn't lock, and there wasn't even soap. (this was brought to management's attention, to which they replied "you should have brought your own, I cant keep replacing the soap for everyone". The resort grounds and poorly maintained, with junk lying around ( really takes away form the rustic forest feel, when there is old machinery, and garbage laying around). The campground is very noisy and management is nowhere to be found when trying to find them ( there is no cell service so you cant call them!) Management is rude and impossible to deal with. Very defensive, argumentative and are not open to any kind of a healthy discussion about a concern. I have camped all over the world and this has been by far the worst experience I have ever had. I tried to talk about my concerns and I was personally attacked, and so was my wife. I would recommend avoiding this place all together, and try camping in any of the countless national forest campgrounds with in a 10 mile radius. The Hot Springs is underwhelming and not worth the potential health concerns associated with the establishment. I genuinely advise camper's discretion when considering this place!

Thumb image
backroadbennetts
Bozeman, MT
27 Airstream FB Safari
“The vibe was a little creepy. ”

Reviewed Oct 23, 2015

My map didn't quite match up with where this campground was so its a good thing they had big signs pointing where to go. The campground was pretty empty. If was pretty though. Tucked down below the road amongst giant pine trees. The owner shared with us that the campground has been in his family for 40 years. He was a man in his 40's who runs it part of the year while his elderly mother runs in the other part of the year. He made it very clear he prefer we pay with cash and gave us a good discount to do so. Which in hindsight we wished we hadn't paid in cash because it was quite clear he was pocketing the money. Whatever, none of our business. But if we were to go again we would definitely pay with a card. Swimming in the hot spring was an extra $7.25/adult and $2.25/kid. The pool was a bit on the colder side and the bottom was quite slimy. Our son broke out in a rash afterwords. So not the cleanest of hot springs. There were also a few drunk men trying to play catch with my 5 year old daughter so that didn't help my disappointment in the hot spring. The changing rooms and showers felt very dirty. Overall it seemed overpriced and not very well maintained. Oh and I should note that their winter hot springs hours differ than what they show on their website. The pool is only open to the public on Friday-Sunday 9am-8pm. Thank goodness we showed up at about 5:00 on Sunday! Zero cell service on ATT and the wifi only works at the checkin area.

about Lost Trail Hot Springs Resort?

Lost Trail Pass Rest Area