• Reviews (1)

Max Stay 14

Max Length 40 ft

View Map

Supporter Subscription

Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features!

• Cell Coverage Maps
  • Public Land Overlays
  • Trail Map Layers
  • Ad Free

Unlock Features

$20 Billed Annually

Q&A - Ask the Community about Junction City Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Junction City Campground

Reviews of Junction City Campground 1 person has reviewed this location.

Last reported 7/27/2020
Heidi
CT 33' Gulf Stream
“Quiet Spot”

Reviewed 7/27/2020

I stayed here unexpectedly for a few nights. I was on my way to another spot down the road and was too tired to keep driving. This is not a free campground. It's FF and pay using the honor system. I say that because I did not see a Ranger come by and collect the box the two days I was there. This was my first BLM Park experience, so I'm not sure if that's normal.

It was a pretty well kept campground. I spent some of my time going around collecting trash from all of the unoccupied sites and I collected quite a bit - most of it from inside the Bear Safes. At the time, I was the only one there. A few campers stayed for one night, but other than that it was very quiet. You will get some road noise since it's right off the main road. There is a river across the street - definitely check it out. Lots of traffic going into that throughout the day.

I picked a spot to left towards the back. It was the most shaded area of the campground. To the right are the sunny spots. They have spots to fit all size rigs to include tent camping.

There are water spigots throughout the camp. Very nice fire rings and picnic tables, there are bathroom facilities and dumpsters. They bathrooms seemed clean - I didn't use them. There was wood all over to use, or you can purchase some. Cell service wasn't the best. I have a booster and that helped.

There were lots of little lizards, birds and I had a fox visit me one day and at some point left me a present on the picnic table. :) Definitely recommend if you are in the area and don't need all the hook-ups. I do know there is a boondocking site 1/2 hour or so down the road that is highly recommended.

Heidi would stay here again

noted 8/6/2020

Note that addresses in this rural area are tricky things and Google (and other mapping programs are often wrong). The correct address for the campground is 41989 CA Hwy 299, but using the GPS coordinates is better.

The campground is BLM and normally has a camp host.

They do accept Golden Age and Access Passes for a 50% discount on the fee (normally $10/night).

The river across the street is the Trinity River, which is lovely and cool. It is popular with white water rafters and anglers.

Be the first to add a video for Junction City Campground!

Have you written a blog post about Junction City Campground?