High Desert RV Park

Annie
Gainesville, FL
16 Safari Condo Alto 1743
2015 Subaru Outback
“Parking lot that sounds like you're staying on I-40”

Reviewed Apr 07, 2017

This is mostly a long-term resident park, so the best spots are not open for weekly or nightly stays. I have to use earplugs to keep out the truck noise on Interstate 40 at night, it is crazy loud till 1AM or so. The sites are tightly spaced, so that the picnic table for my site is right next to the hose, sewer, and power for my neighbor.

And despite this park advertising it has a propane service, the woman at the front desk refused to fill my certified fiberglass tanks (Viking brand) saying her propane supplier does not permit it. This is the first time in 11 months I have ever heard that excuse! I offered to show her my tank certifications but she didn't want to discuss the matter further. When I checked in on Monday, the guy at the front desk said they were fine to fill. So how does that happen that two front desk people give different answers? I'll be filling my tanks elsewhere and not staying here again.

Thumb ardentcampersquare600px
Ardent Camper

32 Fleetwood Southwind
2014 Jeep Cherokee
“Convenient Access to Albuquerque”

Reviewed Apr 17, 2015

The only reason we wouldn't camp here again is because we found a park we liked better across the street (Enchanted Trails). Really, we had no objections to High Desert RV Park, other than it didn't have much personality. It's basically just a parking lot with a few xeriscaped areas.

It was clean, the sites were a normal amount of space apart, and there were nice places to let the dog roam. The office staff were professional and very understanding when we had to stay some extra time due to a landing gear repair. Propane on-site is convenient, and it's super easy to hop on I-40 and get into town.

Our issue was that the site was the most unlevel we have ever experienced. The front end was significantly higher than the back, and our landing gear just couldn't compensate, even when we used leveling blocks.

The 30amp sites on the perimeter looked more level, but for the 50amp pull-throughs in the middle, good luck!

Metamorphosis Road: Campground Review: High Desert RV Park, Albuquerque, NM

High Desert RV Park is pretty basic, sitting right off busy Interstate 40, but it is an inexpensive place to stay with easy access to all that Albuquerque, NM has to offer. At $125/week (plus electric...

• general store
  • propane

American rv resort abq nm
American RV Resort
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Enchanted trails rv park trading post
Enchanted Trails RV Park & Trading Post