Townsite Campground

19 Scamp
2017 Ram 1500
Site Number: B-51

John & BJ would stay here again

“Great Campground in Town”

Reviewed May 30, 2017

First a note on rates. The 35 amp, FHU pull-through campsites list for about $37 Canadian per night, but there is also a $11 Canadian fee for each reservation. With the exchange rate, we ended up paying about $32 per night including the amortized reservation fee. Our biggest mistake is that we should have stayed longer, MUCH longer!

There is a river that runs through the campground, which makes access a little disconcerting the first time, but once you figure out the route its not a big deal. The campground is open and sunny (at least when we were there!) with larger than average grassy patches between each site. Roads and the essential level sites are paved with asphalt which is aging but still very serviceable. The campground is walking distance to town where there are lots of tempting eating opportunities.

We were visited daily by herds of big horned sheep and a few deer who worked to keep the grass trimmed.

While we were there we didn't experience anything other than a light breeze but they did have a reputation for high winds at times.

I can't speak to Verizon or AT&T connectivity because I don't have Canadian service on either of those accounts, BUT!!! my Google Fi phone as a hotspot was leveraging a TMobile tower that only showed 3 bars but was testing at 45.79 down & 19.74 up to my laptop. Pretty much the fastest data connection I've seen on any of my devices.

There are LOTS of hikes as well as other recreation opportunities and almost all the trails we tried were dog friendly.

The bathrooms and showers were spotless. It's the first time I've bothered to take a picture of a bathroom sink, but each time I was there they were that clean and shiney. The free, hot, showers are very well designed with a curb and shower curtain that does a great job of keeping the changing area dry. Shower controls are a single push button, but one push lasted longer than I would have normally used for a shower.

There was one unusual point worth noting. The sewer drain hookup is in the center of the parking pad. I noticed it before we unhitched so we just positioned the trailer towards one edge. Others got all set up and then realized that someone would have to crawl under their rig to finish their utilities hookup.

We were very impressed and already talking about potentially restructuring next summer's travels to allow extended time in the area.

T-Mobile 4G