Shorewood RV Park

Monthly Rate: Yes
Pad Type: gravel

Site Number: C16

Crager34 would stay here again

“Outstanding for my first time. ”

Reviewed Sep 24, 2018

The camp host were wonderful from start to finish. When I booked, they had one site next to the beach which was pricey. I mentioned that and they moved me two rows in for about 1/2 the cost. So, this place does have reasonable rates. Quite a few permanent units mixed with the temps, and the sound of the ocean could be heard even with a rather full park. The WiFi was the fastest and not the best for streaming, but it worked for me and I came here to work by the beach. I have had bad luck getting ATT cell service staying I. Rockaway in the past and a hotel, but the cell signal was good, especially if you use a hotspot.

Site Number: 23 & 8

Angela would stay here again

“Next to a beautiful quiet beach, but a bit overpriced”

Reviewed Aug 30, 2016

I would rate a 3.5, but we will be more optimistic :)

The Pros:
*The RV Park is right next to a beautiful beach near Rockaway Beach with beautiful views of some large rocks out in the ocean. The beach is fairly quiet (even during busy season), with easy access to it.
*Gathering area next to the beach for residents of this RV park with a picnic table, beach chairs, and beach toys for children.
*Very nice management who are helpful.

The Cons:
*A bit overpriced, but it is on a beach.
*The Spaces are very close together.
*The picnic area behind in the RV stall is so so.
*The spaces are made of gravel, not very well kept up, but not too bad either.
*They close at 7pm each night, so you shouldn't plan to arrive late in the evening.
*There are very few spots with actual ocean views from where you are parked. The view out of your window isn't anything spectacular (especially since everyone is close together).
*The beach access can be tricky for elderly or anyone that struggles to walk (we had our elderly parents visiting and they found the access hard to maneuver around). They ended up preferring the designated area for the residents here that overlooks to the beach instead.

The restrooms (according to my husband who went there once),They were older, but appeared clean. We never looked at the shower area.
We did have to drive to Tillamook area to find a Safeway to have a larger selection of groceries and produce, since the grocery store here locally seemed to have a small selection.

This was our first time paying this much for an RV spot (we prefer cheaper than this), but we had family we were trying to meet up with, and we were during the busy season of August, so we knew we couldn't be too picky when we found availability. But since this was the most we had paid for a site, I was a bit disappointed since we have stayed at nicer sites with more space and seclusion. But considering the location and the season, it really is a nice place to stay. There is so much to do around here: train rides, crabbing, beautiful more popular beaches within an easy drive, Tillamook nearby, lots of restaurants, etc.
They do have weekly rates, where if you pay for 6 days, the 7th day is free.
We stayed at both a small spot and a large spot. Every spot is a back-in spot, and can be a bit tricky, but the management was really good to help direct us.

Even though we only have 2 bars on our Verizon wireless, our internet (which we use with a hotspot) has been pretty good while we've been here with minimal issues (and my husband works remotely, so he is reliant on good internet).

Overall a great spot if you aren't worried as much about price, and if you plan on spending most of your time at the amazing locations and beaches nearby!

about Shorewood RV Park?

• cable tv
  • wifi: free
  • restrooms: onsite
  • security

Barview jetty park
Barview Jetty Park
Rockaway Beach, Oregon
Port of garibaldi rv park
Port of Garibaldi RV Park
Harborview inn rv park
Harborview Inn & RV Park
The old mill rv park
The Old Mill RV Park
Garibaldi, Oregon
Jetty fishery marina rv park
Jetty Fishery Marina & RV Park
Kellys brighton marina
Kelly's Brighton Marina
Rockaway Beach, Oregon
Tillamook bay city rv park
Tillamook Bay City RV Park