River Bend RV Park

Lil Adventures
San Francisco, CA
25 Forest River Wildcat Maxx
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Lil Adventures would stay here again

“Pretty little camp overlooking Calcasieu River”

Reviewed Mar 25, 2018

I was traveling from Slidell, LA to Houston and had been advised to avoid I-10 through Louisiana (because of bad roads), so I plotted a similar (blue highways) route just north and was glad I did. Kinder, LA was the half-way point to my destination, so I stopped at Riverbend RV Campground, just off the highway. 4

We got space #1 which is the best in my opinion for just $20 a night. If you're looking for a lot of amenities, this isn't the place, but I prefer something that feels a bit more like camping (but with all the necessities). All sites are on cement pads with 30/50 and water. I didn't notice if they had a dump station. They have a bathouse that allows you to have a shower and adjoining large bathroom for privacy. It was clean.

The campground is run by a husband and wife who are nearby ranchers looking for a little side income. They were very nice. One note was that someone in the campground had a little jack russell dog that came running across the campground trying to attack me and my cat (I walk my cats on a leash). I was able to pick her up and keep her safe, but there was obviously there was someone who was not a good dog owner staying there. I called the campground and she was sorry, she hadn't seen that dog before and said that the night was complimentary because of my troubles.

T-Mobile 3G

about River Bend RV Park?

• ADA Accessible