Powder Horn Family Camping Resort

48 Cascade Rd
Old Orchard Beach, ME 04064
207-934-4733

“Management focused on making money at expense of campers”

Reviewed Feb 04, 2019

Tried to book a 3 night stay in November, I was told that it wouldnt be a problem and to wait until the beginning of January to book anything less than a week. Attempted to book the 3 night stay in January and was told there was a 4 night minimum. I explained how I was told it wouldnt be a problem in November and of the two people it could have been that told me that, neither acknowledged the possibility the conversation happened and there was nothing they could do (even though they did acknowledge that they have in the past made exceptions to this newfound rule.) I would be weary of a campground that is so concerned about making a few extra dollars, that they cant honor their word.

Zak
ME 26' Heartland Trail Runner
Site Number: 86D

Zak would stay here again

“Fun but pricey”

Reviewed Jun 11, 2018

This resort had it all. Pools, shuffleboard, mini golf, hot tubs, horseshoes, etc. My wife and I went as part of a joint bachelor/bachelorette party. Our group occupied 5 sites all next to one another. The campground did a great job putting us in a nice secluded spot and didn’t say anything even though I am sure we got a little rowdy. My only qualm with the campground is the fees. The definition of “nickel and diming”. Our nightly rate was “only” $41 because it was pre peak season and we didn’t have sewer hookup. On top of that, we had another couple stay on our site with us which cost $11/person/day. That cost us an extra $44 just to occupy the same space. On top of that fee there was a $7/vehicle/day charge, even for the towing vehicle. That added another $42. I am totally cognizant that they offer a great deal of amenities but the fees were still too numerous. Overall we had a good time but be prepared to open your wallet when you stay here.

about Powder Horn Family Camping Resort?

• swimming pool: onsite