• Reviews (2)

Overview of Powder Horn Family Camping Resort

Monthly Rate Yes

Reservations yes

Open Seasonally May - Oct.

Elevation 98 ft / 29 m

View Map

Member Perks

Become a Campendium Member and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features!

• Cell Coverage Maps
  • Public Land Overlays
  • Trail Map Layers
  • Ad Free

Unlock Features

Q&A - Ask the Community about Powder Horn Family Camping Resort

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Powder Horn Family Camping Resort

Reviews of Powder Horn Family Camping Resort 2 people have reviewed this location.

Confirmed by 2 Users
Last reported 7/6/2021
“Unbelievably Clean & Quiet”

Reviewed 7/6/2021

Site Number: 7D

Powder Horn is the best place we’ve ever stayed. Yes, it’s large. Yes, there are people who live there for months at a time, but this park is crazy clean … roads & restrooms. It reminded me of Disney in the way we never saw trash on the ground. They have quiet hours, large pools, activities for the family, movie nights, etc. They also have a shuttle to the beach. Only small downside was that our site backed up to the road so there was some road noise, but the space on that site made it worth it.

Siler would stay here again

Zak
ME
25' Heartland Trail Runner
Dodge Ram 2500
“Fun but pricey”

Reviewed 6/11/2018

Site Number: 86D

This resort had it all. Pools, shuffleboard, mini golf, hot tubs, horseshoes, etc. My wife and I went as part of a joint bachelor/bachelorette party. Our group occupied 5 sites all next to one another. The campground did a great job putting us in a nice secluded spot and didn’t say anything even though I am sure we got a little rowdy. My only qualm with the campground is the fees. The definition of “nickel and diming”. Our nightly rate was “only” $41 because it was pre peak season and we didn’t have sewer hookup. On top of that, we had another couple stay on our site with us which cost $11/person/day. That cost us an extra $44 just to occupy the same space. On top of that fee there was a $7/vehicle/day charge, even for the towing vehicle. That added another $42. I am totally cognizant that they offer a great deal of amenities but the fees were still too numerous. Overall we had a good time but be prepared to open your wallet when you stay here.

Zak would stay here again

“Management focused on making money at expense of campers”

noted 2/4/2019

Tried to book a 3 night stay in November, I was told that it wouldnt be a problem and to wait until the beginning of January to book anything less than a week. Attempted to book the 3 night stay in January and was told there was a 4 night minimum. I explained how I was told it wouldnt be a problem in November and of the two people it could have been that told me that, neither acknowledged the possibility the conversation happened and there was nothing they could do (even though they did acknowledge that they have in the past made exceptions to this newfound rule.) I would be weary of a campground that is so concerned about making a few extra dollars, that they cant honor their word.

Be the first to add a video for Powder Horn Family Camping Resort!

Have you written a blog post about Powder Horn Family Camping Resort?

Connectivity
  • swimming pool: heated
Discount Clubs
  • Military Discounts

Hid’n Pines RV Resort

Great for kids and adults alike

- Liz & Jake

Paradise Park Resort Campground

Resort style park

- Dare to Adventure

Wild Acres RV Resort & Campground

Expensive for what you get.

- Wendy

Cascadia Park

very good

- Fun Pig

Pinehirst RV Resort & Campground

Excellent location, sites are small and larger rigs won't fit in a lot of them

- cmart78