Colusa-Sacramento River State Rec Area

Max Length: 27 ft

AT&T 4G
Lisa
Portland, OR

Lisa would stay here again

“Tree Covered, Quiet, Off I-5 a few minutes”

Reviewed Jun 05, 2017

There's a county fair, pretty river, Casino and a cute little town. Nearest Starbucks is 30 minutes away, but there's a little diner nearby that looked well cared for. It was closing when we pulled into town at 10pm.The full hookup RV park next door looked mostly full of full-timers. There's a dump station at the state park and sites have water/electric. We arrived late so we just parked in one of the boondocking sites. We didn't use the restrooms so I can't speak for them, but on a Sunday night there was only about 4-5 other RVs there. There's a a park host on site. This is a very pretty location. It's almost fully shaded by the beautiful, mature trees. Sites are all paved, wide but a little shallow. We could've fit our 30 foot trailer if we unhooked. The boondock sites are longer, parallel parking sites, which allowed us to pull in without unhooking from our tow vehicle. They had a little built-in grill, a picnic table, grass and a tree. There's a large parking lot which was totally empty. The cell coverage was adequate that I could watch the livestream from my local tv station on Facebook.

Thumb jcoliz close
Vacay Wheels
Seattle, WA
33 Newmar Bay Star 3215
2012 Honda Fit

Vacay Wheels would stay here again

“A paradise of shade”

Reviewed Jun 28, 2015

Looking for a place to stay driving up the I-5, and not wanting to stop at the run-of-the mill RV parks, I looked for something a bit more off the beaten path. I was so happy to find this gem. It was over 100 degrees on the hot summer day I stopped here, so the old, large shade trees were a paradise of shade.

There is also nearby access to the Sacramento river, which seemed to be a good spot for the locals out fishing. There is a levee you can ride a bike on for miles. Also within walking distance is the town of Colusa with many parks, playgrounds, shops, and a few restaurants. I enjoyed my time exploring this quant old town, also riding a couple miles further into town for groceries and supplies.

While here, they were putting in electrical and water hookups, which would make this a 5-star spot in my book. As it is, it's my favorite 'dry' campground to date. Reviews on other sides have complained of a creepy, unfriendly park host. That person was not around while I was there, instead the park host at the time was a very friendly lady.

Don't worry about the 27-foot limit listed here. You could easily get a 40-footer into sites 10-14. Also there is 'enroute' camping for $14, versus the $28 I paid for a spot. That gets you a spot in the large empty parking lot, but doesn't get you the shade. Again, a 40-footer could park in the lot easily.

AT&T 4G

1 review not included in the overall rating
The reviews below are not up to Campendium's standards for quality and reliability and therefore are not counted toward the overall star rating. Please see our FAQ page for more information.
“Didn’t stay”

Reviewed Feb 07, 2018

We planned a stop here on our way south. Drove through and stopped to look around. Didn’t feel right so drove on. Latter friends told us that the casino down the road would have been a good stop. Next time we’ll try there instead of rolling hills

about Colusa-Sacramento River State Rec Area?

• boat ramp