This location may be closed, not accepting new reservations, or is operating with restrictions due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Learn more.
Please let us know if this location is open.
  • Reviews (1)

Overview of Waters Edge Family Campground

Monthly Rate Yes

Elevation 492 ft / 149 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about Waters Edge Family Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Waters Edge Family Campground

Reviews of Waters Edge Family Campground 1 person has reviewed this location.

Last reported 8/23/2015
“Nice quiet campground”

Reviewed 8/23/2015

Site Number: H10

Check-in/out time is 3:00 which is great on check out day, but you miss a lot of the check in day. We live nearby the campground and were just looking for a final summer hurrah before my daughter returned to school. Prior to booking my husband and I checked out a few campground/RV parks. A clean pool, a lake and a somewhat set-back site and wi-fi were on our 'must have' lists. This location met our needs perfectly. The 'lake' is more of a pond however it is large enough, clean and has great fishing plus boat and paddle board rentals. We brought a few rafts which we were able to throw in and lounge around on. The pool was very clean and refreshing with lots of comfortable lounge chairs. We really did not head to the main facility much. We were there Monday afternoon - Saturday morning and there were not a lot of activities. They had bingo on Friday night which I wanted to go to however it was POURING (and I mean POURING!!!) rain so we just stayed in. Our campsite was not right on the lake (by choice) but was right across from it. We like to have privacy and are more accustomed to boondock-style RV'ing then campgrounds. In fact, this was our first stay at a campground. While wi-fi is provided - having a teenager on our hands, this was a must have - the signals were very spotty, weak and unreliable. I was not able to log into my laptop for work (not an awful thing) but if needed, it was not reliable. When I asked why a seemingly perfect spot was seemingly never booked, they told us that our site is typically used as an overflow spot when they are really busy because it is a large spot and also abuts a recently built house at the property line. There was a fence between the house and campground so it really was not an issue for us. The people were all very friendly, both staff and the seasonal campers that I spent some time chatting with. We opted to use the campground shower rather than our RV shower to have the additional space. The bathrooms could use some overall tidying up from the cobwebs and such, but it is a campground and not a hotel. The showers were clean 'enough' (still wore flip flops while showering ....), the water was hot and there was no timer. Since we were there during the week, it was relatively quiet and so access to the showers was not an issue. The night before out checkout - a Friday - an extensive number of people had arrived and filled in many of the open camping sites. I am not sure what impact all of the campers had on common areas, the pool was busier on Saturday morning. Again, not a big surprise. It is the weekend, summer, hot and FUN!!! All in all, we had a great stay. I would definitely stay here again however we are going to continue to try out new and different campgrounds/RV parks when we aren't in an open field. We are especially looking forward to a fall excursion when the air is cooler and the seasons are changing.

Be the first to add a note for Waters Edge Family Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Waters Edge Family Campground!

Have you written a blog post about Waters Edge Family Campground?

Connectivity
  • swimming pool: onsite
  • general store
  • restrooms: onsite
  • swimming pool: onsite

Odetah Campground

Beautiful resort with lots of amenities

- Retro Ramblers

Salt Rock State Park

Nice park during the week

- Gramma and Poppie