Little Valley Campground

Reservations yes

Elevation 5,150 ft / 1,569 m

View Map

Supporter Subscription

Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features!

• Cell Coverage Maps
  • Public Land Overlays
  • Trail Map Layers
  • Ad Free

Unlock Features

$20 Billed Annually

Q&A - Ask the Community about Little Valley Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Little Valley Campground

Reviews of Little Valley Campground 1 person has reviewed this location.

Last reported 9/12/2016
Last reported 9/12/2016
Voyagers On Wheels
Sioux Falls, SD 33' Winnebago 2008 Voyage
“OK with LOTS of caveats”

Reviewed 9/12/2016

It is very difficult to review this campground from only our POV because I think it would be good for those who are traveling with family or in a group (caravan). There are positives but the negatives outweighed them for us, though they are things that could change.
Positives: Convenient (a few miles from I-15-convenient to Golden Spike National Historic Site and Bear River Bird Refuge)
Clean bathrooms (but they are the only facilities you can access for free-see below)
Mostly quiet-the campers are quiet-there is a little road noise from the road that runs behind the CG but VERY quiet at night)
Sites were level-most are on the perimeter with some in the center. (#9 is located at access point to lake so NO privacy
Store with supplies on site
Free strong and relatively fast WiFi (I tested it by streaming video and it ran well)
Lake behind CG with all water sports
Nice area for volleyball in the center of the sites
Very family friendly
People are all nice
Pet friendly
Negatives: Showers are $5/day
Laundry is $10/day
The use of the deck, the grill on it, fire rings are all charged extra and with a nightly fee of $45/55 that seems excessive.
Crowded with campers visitors bringing cars that are parked sometimes blocking the roadway, but no signs of activity on the part of hosts/owners to correct this
Little privacy if CG is full
What we learned is that there are new owners who have upgraded the CG and that seems to explain the charges. However, I paid $10 to do our laundry (when I spoke to the woman on the phone she'd told me there was a laundry room at the site so I did not do it at the previous stop) BUT-when I entered via the code they gave me-there were 2 washers-both had loads of clothes in them and both dryers were running. When I returned an hour later the clothes were all still there (it was now 7:30p) I unloaded the washers into baskets that were there and did my loads but when I returned to put them in the dryer the others were still there. It turned out the bottom dryer did not work so I unloaded it, did mine and then put the other person's in the top dryer. There were no signs asking people to check their laundry. For $10 I felt this was unacceptable. It might be worth it to do all your laundry here but with only 2 washers and 1 functioning dryer it might take the whole weekend! I then checked the showers (I asked someone who was coming out to let me see them. They were very clean, the pressure was decent but the shampoo and conditioner I'd been told at the office that was there, wasn't. Once again, $5 is excessive unless you have a family and/or take 2 showers a day.

The charges for fire rings were understandable though, once again, with a rate of $45 (30A) and $55 (50A) it seems petty. All the other stuff, the deck, grill, sports equipment is understandable though with all of it there seemed to be no control. Once you have the codes there is nothing to make you pay again.
All in all, I'd say, if you want to spend time at the lake (it was quite low in mid-Sep) or visit Brigham City of the sites above, or if you want to get family together it would be worth it. They do have weekly and monthly rates that make it cheaper.

Be the first to add a note for Little Valley Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Little Valley Campground!

Have you written a blog post about Little Valley Campground?

Connectivity

Box Elder Campground

**NIGHTMARE**

- Revdocpam

Golden Spike RV Park

Good place to stop for a night

- Ruby Reflection

Brigham City Wastewater Treatment Plant

No potable water!

- ChuckNJo

Brigham City-Perry South KOA

Welcoming

- Revdocpam

Flying J Travel Center

Dump station and potable water

- Hitztyl