Bruce Spruce Ranch

970-264-5374

Monthly Rate: Yes
Open Seasonally: June-Oct.

Severin817 would stay here again

“Gorgeous views, friendly staff”

Reviewed Jul 04, 2016

This campground is about 15 minutes drive outside town and it's beautiful. There are sites for RVs, tents and cabins as well. They have pull-through and Back-in spots available. There's a bathhouse and a laundry that were clean, although rustic. They also have a catch and release pond.

The campground is close to numerous trails and Treasure Falls. Our. Space was shaded and had a porch area next to our back-in spot. It also had a new picnic table and fire ring with benches around it. Very nice. The area surrounding our campsite was gravel which was great when we got rain and we weren't tracking mud into the RV.

The campground is family owned and run. When we walked into check in at the office, Chris offered to back into our spot for us if we didn't feel comfortable. My husband, wanting the practice (as we're still new to this ) declined so Chris effortlessly verbally guided him into the spot easily and quickly. I ordered a couple of shipments from Amazon and they kindly held them for me until I picked them up.

The only downside was the wifi. Sometimes it was just strong enough to get email (with some patience) and other times was unusable. We had to work during our stay so we just drove into town hung out a local coffee shop. There was zero Verizon or AT&T signal that I ever saw. I don't fault the campground for this as their farther out from town where there's a fiber optic connection. But if having a consistent internet is a deal breaker for you you may have to stay closer to town. When I called to reserve our spot they did let me know there was very little if any cell service and that their wifi wasn't very strong.

Overall the scenery and staff more than made up for the inconvenience of having to commute to town to work. The drive into town is gorgeous.

We will definitely be staying here again. Only longer next time.

about Bruce Spruce Ranch?

• horseshoes
  • cabins

Wolf Creek
West Fork
Creede, Colorado
East fork san juan river
East Fork San Juan River
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
East fork campground san juan nf
East Fork Campground