Bayou Campground

Choctaw Field Road
Navarre, FL 32566
850-265-3676

Max Stay: 14

All campers must obtain a free permit/site reservation using the online reservation system or by calling (850) 265-3676 (Mon-Fri, 7am-4pm CST). Permit must be displayed at your campsite.

Sprint 3G
“Wonderful place but left early....”

Reviewed May 22, 2018

I stayed at Bayside the night (April 11, 2018) in site #6 in a tent, my preferred way to camp.  I tow a flatbed trailer with my camping equipment plus a Dual Sport motorcycle on it.  It's somewhat of a drive back to the campsites on a well maintained "red" sandy road.  Fire rings and very nice wooden picnic tables onsite.  I very much liked this spot and had been planning to stay 5 night but I only stayed 1 night because......
 I left because of a guy that was in 2 sites over couldn't stop talking....nonstop!  I left for a little while on my motorcycle but as soon as I got back he started in again even when I went into my tent and zipped the door closed.
He started up again the next morning with the couple that came in just before dark the night before and camp between us.....almost word for work.  That's when I decided that I couldn't take anymore.  I packed up and left for Alabama.
Sprint 3G

glasgows_onthego

28 Ford Four Winds Five Thousand
2004 Hyundai Santa Fe

glasgows_onthego would stay here again

“Our own campground right on the river”

Reviewed Mar 13, 2017

This was a nice campground that was all ours right by the Yellow River. There are 2 campgrounds at this location. There is Bayside and Bayou campgrounds. Bayside was a little busier because it is bigger, and easier access and is made for RV's and tents. The Bayou campground is only 4 sites and I think is for tents only.

Free reservations must be made for both of these campgrounds. You can go online or call in. I suggest calling cause the online system says they are all booked, but if you call in you can find openings. The lady on the phone gave me a reservation for a RV on the Bayou side, which may have been against the rules but no one said anything about it.

If you do take a RV to the Bayou side try to get site 4. The other 3 are harder to get into, specially without 4 wheel drive due to lose sand.

All in all this is a good spot. The fishing seems pretty good and like I said we had the campground to ourselves. Unfortunately they just had a controlled burn which left most the area charred. But there is hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing all right here. There is also decent cell service.

about Bayou Campground?

Bayside campground escribano point wma
Bayside Campground
Avalon Landing RV Park
Milton gulf pines koa
Milton-Gulf Pines KOA
Milton, Florida
Santa rosa waterfront rv resort
Santa Rosa Waterfront RV Resort