Young's RV Park

swfrances
Las Vegas, NV
33 Holiday Rambler Vacationer
2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara

swfrances would stay here again

“QUIET, RELAXING and CONVENIENT!!!”

Reviewed Jul 20, 2017

I stayed at Young's RV Park for 33 days from June 19th-July 21, 2017. My first two days were on their nightly rate of approximately $23 with my military discount. I liked it well enough I decided to spend an entire month here. I received their monthly rate of about $289 (adjusted for my military discount approximately $250 -- some parks do not discount their monthly rate) plus electricity costs of about $65. I felt like it was a good deal.

Owners/Management, Susan and her husband, are very friendly, live on site, and keep the RV park well-maintained. The park has ample large beautiful shade trees. The site I chose was at the end of a row with a large tree on each end of my site. I had morning shade up until about 10:30 AM and then my motorhome had sun mostly on my front side until around 4:00 PM after which it was mostly shaded.

2017 has been a hot year!! Temperatures here in this area have been above normal like many other places across the nation. However, nighttime temperatures dropped down in the 60s and rarely did I use my air conditioning at night. I used my exhaust fan and opened my windows and slept so much better with the night air. Two days before my departure, there was enough cloud cover and breeze that I did not use my air-conditioning for the entire day. However, most days I had to keep my air conditioning turned on in order to endure the heat. But, given that I am from Las Vegas, Nevada and the temperatures there were generally 10 to 20° higher than here at Young's RV Park, I was glad for the "moderate" temps!!!

A herd of deer lives in or near the park and could be seen almost every day walking through the park, grazing in the park and exiting the park into the nearby cemetery.

Most sites have a very nice picnic table, a little patch of grass, and a nearby trashcan. Full hook ups are available with 30 amp and 50 amp accessibility. Free Wi-Fi is available and is generally quite good except when the park starts filling up, usually on weekends. This appears to be a popular RV park especially for off-road activities which are apparently plentiful in the nearby area.

Laundry facility is on site in a well-maintained trailer which has a comfortable seating area, separate male and female bathroom/showers and a 2-washer/2-dryer laundry room. The laundry trailer facility is air-conditioned which offers a wonderful relief during the heat of the summer. Which is when I visited this park.

There is no playground equipment available in the park for children. Fortunately, my granddaughters enjoyed playing their electronic devices, going on a little excursions and shopping trips in town.

The little town of Caliente is nearby almost in walking range. A Family Dollar store is within walking range of Young's RV Park. There are a couple of restaurants in town. A small, well-stocked grocery store. There is a large variety store that includes hardware, auto supplies, RadioShack, etc. Caliente has a post office and a city park with a swimming pool.

Since I was here during July 4, two of my daughters and three of my granddaughters were here visiting me and we went to Caliente's 4th of July parade down their Main Street. We had fun!

Young's RV Park is definitely on my favorites list. I will return.

Thumb aluminarium
Aluminarium

27 Airstream Flying Cloud
2014 Ford F-250

Aluminarium would stay here again

“Great for an overnight.”

Reviewed Jun 13, 2015

We stayed at Young's RV Park after driving 5 1/2 hours from Lee Vining, CA. I called ahead to see if there were spots available, and the lady I spoke with assured me that there were, and to come on over.

We arrived at 5pm on a Saturday and I think we were checked in by the same lady. She was quite friendly and gave us a choice of spots that were surrounded by trees and some grass.

The wifi is free and works pretty good.

The three stars based on it being no-frills RV park, it does the trick for an overnight.

about Young's RV Park?