Wrangler Campground

731-968-3742
800-250-8616

Max Stay: 14

T-Mobile 4G/LTE

SteveAz would stay here again

“Quiet and spacious ”

Reviewed Apr 09, 2018

This was the only reservable campground in the Natchez Trace Park on the day we were passing through, and we are one of five campers in the 60+ sites here.

Our site (45) is quite level, as I would guess are about half the sites we looked at. We arrived with plenty of daylight, and had no trouble getting in. It would be very different in the dark, as many sites have fro offs of several feet if you miss the driveway.

The power is 50/30/20, and the water quality is excellent. If Wrangler campground were full of horses, it would be a very different experience, but we had a good site and a great time.

T-Mobile 4G/LTE

“Wrangler Campground”

Reviewed Nov 15, 2016

Due to a short notice need for a site, I'd called and made a reservation from the road that morning, and the process was simply wonderful. We arrived around midnight, so there was no one around to check in with. However - our site wasn't marked with our name, either.
The rest of the experience was mildly crummy:

1. Address? Directions? GPS? We ended up in Nowhereville, TN -- somewhere around 11miles from the actual park entrance, coming from the West. Don't trust your GPS. Just go to Exit 116 off I-40.

2. Site quality: When they say "slight incline", they mean "good luck getting anything leveled out". The sites are gravel, and seem to be pretty rutted out. The "pull-thru" sites #50 and #51 are a joke. There is no way you could leave from site #51 if you tried. And we had to back in to our site #50. Thank goodness #51 was empty that night. It would've been impossible to maneuver. The water was on the opposite side of the trailer from the electric box. Thank goodness for extra water hoses.

3. Dump station: While I am not too picky about dump stations in general, I was pretty disappointed in this one. How can a hole in the ground be disappointing?
    Two words for you: no water.
    None. Not functional, even. Yuck.

While I threw out all the negatives, I will close by saying the site is pretty quiet and peaceful, and if I had to stay at Natchez Trace again, I'd pray for availability at the Pin Oak Campground down the road - within the Park.
If I was forced to stay at the Wrangler campground again, I'd probably pick sites 44 or 45. They were relatively level and nicer than most, although smaller.
And I'd fill a bucket with water at the site before heading out to the dump station.

*Note: this campground is designed for those traveling with horses. We weren't. While there were a LOT of horses (and even mules) tied up at many of the sites, they were not noisy, and did not affect our stay at all. In fact, they probably added an ambiance that kept me calm as I desperately tried to find water at the dump station. Who can stay mad when a mule is staring at you at 7am?

about Wrangler Campground?

• cabins

Cub creek lake campground natchez trace sp
Cub Creek Lake Campground
Wildersville, Tennessee
Parkers crossroads rv park
Parkers Crossroads RV Park
Yuma, Tennessee
Pin oak rv campground natchez trace sp
Pin Oak RV Campground