Wilson Lake County Park

1400-1410 Utah Avenue Lenox, IA 50851

Thumb pp3
Brewedjourney
WI 16' Scamp Trailers Nissan Frontier

Brewedjourney would stay here again

“Quiet weeknight”

Reviewed May 15, 2019

I stayed here during the first week of May. The biggest negative was that check-in was quite confusing. The check-in kiosk implies that the campground is first-come, first-serve, but the campground takes reservations, and every site had some kind of reservation sign on it without the date filled in. When I called the telephone number posted, I was told the ranger handles reservations. He/she didn't pick up the phone.

Anyway, given that it was a week day, and only four campers were set up, I just took an open site and set up. The campsites are nice with many full hook-ups. There's also a separate dump stations, bathroom, and showers. 30 and 50 amp service available. Concrete, level pads.

There are nice hiking trails and a road around the small lake. Fishing was taking place. The campground host arrived around 5 pm and confirmed that my site was open/available to me.

Thumb pp3
Iowa

I was born in Iowa, but I never really lived there.  My parents brought me home from the hospital and took me to their small trailer in a small trailer park in a small Iowa town.  Within a short per...

Marlin Fogle Rec Area
Diagonal, IA
Kokesh Co Park
Diagonal, IA
Lake of three fires state park
Lake of Three Fires State Park