• Availability
  • Reviews (2)

Availability for Whitewater RV Park

AVAILABILITY OPTIONS

Find up-to-date site availability for this campground through a partner site.

Overview of Whitewater RV Park

Reservations yes

Elevation 656 ft / 199 m

View Map
portable computer displaying map of camping locations
mobile device showing map of camping locations
Roadpass Pro
Signup for Roadpass Pro to get premium access to all of these great road travel apps.
Unlock pro campendium features
Ad Free Experience
Cell Service Overlays & Reports
Public Land Map Overlays
Trail Maps
Filter by Elevation
Pro icon Join Roadpass Pro

Q&A - Ask the Community about Whitewater RV Park

To ask questions of the owner or manager please contact the campground directly. 870-269-8047

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Whitewater RV Park

Reviews of Whitewater RV Park 2 people have reviewed this location.

AT&T 4G
Last reported 6/16/2018

Reviewed 8/20/2019

Google maps says this campground is permanently closed

“Great little RV park in the heart of Mountain View!”

Reviewed 6/16/2018

RV Length: 14'

I am new to RVing. In fact, this was my very first stay at an RV park. I bought a small travel trailer in March, and after several months of waiting for the perfect opportunity to hit the road, I did.

I found Whitewater RV Park online while looking for sites near Mountain View. I needed to stay close to downtown because of an event my wife was involved in for the week. I looked a several RV parks in the area, and deemed Whitewater RV Park, worthy of a try. I liked the fact that no “permanent” residents are allowed at the park. I was not disappointed with my experience.

The park is located within about four to five blocks from the heart of downtown, so it is easy to walk there to take in the activities and the attractiions. Be aware that part of the walk is uphill, so those with mobility issues may want to consider driving.

Pauline Hendrix, who owns and operates the park, is first rate. She is helpful and quick to accommodate. She only keeps the park open six months out of the year, as she has a permanent residence in Jonesboro. She may be reached at whitewaterrvpark@mvtet.net or 870-269-8047 if you have questions. Her website, whitewaterrvpark.com, has a facility map that you can download to check out sites.

Another draw for me was that Whitewater is located next to a beautiful city park. It was convenient to walk out of my travel trailer - and within a few short steps - have a great walking trail to enjoy with my dog.

Whitewater has full hook-ups and 30 and 50 amp service. The park can accommodate practically any size RV or travel trailer. There are sites just for tents as well. The spot I had, No. 29, had partial shade and was next to the creek, which leads to a wonderful little area with an amphitheater and picnic tables.

While the wifi at the park is excellent, I could not get the cable service to work, so I returned the box after a few tries. I pretty much watched TV via the wifi connection the entire time I was there, which only hiccuped a few times.

The only (minor) complaint I had was that the ticks and chiggers were bad. Perhaps it was the time of year, or perhaps the owner had not sprayed the place, but I picked off five ticks the first day I was there, and I hardly touched the grass other than when I took my dog for a walk. The chiggers must have loved me too, because I left the week with numerous bites. Other campers confirmed the same problem.

I met a gentlemen from Mississippi who has been coming to Mountain View for 41 years, with many of those years including stays at Whitewater. He said it was the only place he would park his travel trailer.

I have both AT&T and Virgin Mobile (which is Sprint service), and both cell services worked most of the time. Neither had but only a few bars, but worked.

While I was not there during a folk music festival, the park has a facility for musicians, which the owner said is used extensively during certain parts of the season.

Though I did not use the bath house, I did check it out and it was relatively clean. It is not air conditioned. The park also has a laundromat on site.

AT&T 4G

zxmacman would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Whitewater RV Park!

Be the first to add a video for Whitewater RV Park!

Have you written a blog post about Whitewater RV Park?

Connectivity

Court Square RV Park

Wonderful park

- The Palmer Two

Green Acres RV Park

Great, The manager is great and very helpful

- myense

Mountain View RV Park & Guest Motel

Rv spots are very close together. Friendly staff.

- camper-754879

Blue Sky RV Park

Nice campground, great price

- Cindy

Angler's White River Resort

Pretty good but needs upgrades

- camper-834917