• Reviews

Monthly Rate Yes

Elevation 0 ft / 0 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about Whispering Pines Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Whispering Pines Campground

Reviews of Whispering Pines Campground 2 people have reviewed this location.

Confirmed by 2 Users
Last reported 11/9/2019
Last reported 11/9/2019
Sprint 4G/LTE
Last reported 3/25/2019
Thumb face alabama
Lisa's RV Experience
MD 28' Winnebago Sunstar LX 27N
“Nice, quite, clean but tight spaced Encore park”

Reviewed 11/9/2019

Site Number: 21B

I booked 2 weeks here, it's in a nice location but exactly 1/2 the way to Emerald Isle going east or west. The park is right on route 24 and you can hear traffic 24/7 if your windows are open, otherwise the traffic noise is tolerable.

These are some really tight spaces, my neighbor is about (from my slide to his travel trailer) 15' and when his awning is out about 3-5' away. The spots seem mostly level (didn't need blocks under my jacks) and have full hookups. While it seems true that Thousand Trail members, including me this time, get the 9-24 row of wide-open, tight spots, I did meet others who were in pull-through spots of 38-45 that were also Thousand Trail members; maybe you have to ask for pull-through and not just take what they offer you at checkin.

The park has mostly permanent residents who, at least at this time in November, are very nice and cordial to visitors, I've chatted with many of them. Thre is a dog park but most of the roads in the park are nice for walking a dog.

The facilities are immaculate, the laundry room has 4 washers and 4 dryers, all working! The bathrooms are like new (see photos). The pool was very nice but closed in November. The staff are very helpful. The office store is filled with trinkets and art, not really anything useful, but fun to look at. Internet is so good here I didn't need my booster.

I'd stay here again without hesitation but I'd ask for one of those pull-through spots 138-145 instead of the 9-24 on the main drag.

Lisa's RV Experience would stay here again

“Avoid this campground...”

Reviewed 3/25/2019

Site Number: A21

I am giving it 2 stars for location to the southern outer banks and the cell service. Otherwise, I wouldn't stay here again. It is supposed to be an "Encore park" through Thousand Trails. They have about 10 spots allocated for these members. They are of course the worst, uneven spots. I get it, they don't make any $ on Thousand Trails/Encore members, but the uneven (also hard to back into due to trees directly in front of the sites to back around) sites aren't the only issue. There is drug activity here. We had to call the manager because of a woman who was clearly high walking around in just a kind of long shirt, dancing in the streets, talking and yelling at no one and spending hours doing this at the empty site directly next to us. Come to find out she is apparently the girlfriend of someone who lives here. It is just not a comfortable feeling to have this kind of activity right next to our site. I called Thousand Trails to let them know about the conditions of this park and they could really care less. They said it was my responsibility to call the police (we called the manager who did come to make sure she was removed from the property so we were thankful for that) but I could email member services if I chose to do so. I decided to share it here.

Sprint 4G/LTE

Be the first to add a note for Whispering Pines Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Whispering Pines Campground!

Have you written a blog post about Whispering Pines Campground?

Connectivity

Goose Creek RV & Camping Resort

Lovely stay

- Sue n Dave

Holiday Trav-L-Park Resort

Worth it for the beach access alone!

- rushell65

Cedar Point Campground

Enjoyed Greatly

- Sojourner Here

Oyster Point Campground

Great out in the boondocks kinda place

- mainland_or_bust

Great Lake Boat Launch

OK place to stay for free

- Carla