• Reviews

Pad Type dirt

Elevation 3,051 ft / 929 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about Western Inn Glacier Park

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Western Inn Glacier Park

Reviews of Western Inn Glacier Park 1 person has reviewed this location.

Last reported 6/21/2019
Thumb 757bf08a f246 46e7 be9e fa0ecd2ae9c3
lvstar
Las Vegas, NV
“It worked for being in a bind”

Reviewed 6/21/2019

Site Number: Cabin 1

We got a 4 person dry cabin here (now called Glacier Basecamp Lodge and Camping) after canceling our campsite somewhere else due to weather. It hailed and rained almost the entire time and we didn’t want to deal with our tent in that. I think my biggest disappointment stems from the fact their website makes it seem like you’ll be set back in a 7 acre park close to the gateway of Glacier NP when in reality you bumped up to the intersection of two busy highways and the cabin we were in was just feet away from the motel. The cabin is cute with a nice porch swing however our door had two big cracks in it allowing cold air, light and bugs in. It comes with bedding and towels but our pillow had a tiny worm/caterpillar thing squiggling around on it so we used our own pillows and sleeping bags. The room had a dead wasp in it along with a live larger caterpillar on the windowsill and another large bug flying around in the room when we arrived too. There’s a laundry facility on site with ice and snack vending machines. A spigot for water but no place to dishes, the lady at the front desk told us to use the bathroom sinks. lol I’m not sure how often the bathrooms are cleaned as there’s been a dirty diaper in the bin in the stall for a couple days now but people seem to do a decent job at cleaning up after themselves so it stayed pretty clean during our stay. Their website states free WiFi and they have two different connections you can use however they never worked and we were the closest you can to the motel. I think if I would have know the layout of this place before we arrived I wouldn’t have been as disappointed but their website is really deceiving which caused for a major let down. All in all it was better than tent camping in hail and rain. In a bind I might stay here again as it was the cheapest option that didn’t involve a tent but I wouldn’t set out to stay here again.

Be the first to add a note for Western Inn Glacier Park!

Be the first to add a video for Western Inn Glacier Park!

Have you written a blog post about Western Inn Glacier Park?

Connectivity