Wekiwa Springs State Park

32 Airstream Excella 1000
2012 GMC Sierra Denali 3500
“Quiet and Convenient”

Reviewed Mar 14, 2015

We stayed here for 6 nights during the Christmas Holiday 2014 while visiting with family. The state park is surrounded by suburbia but other than being able to see some rooftops, it didn't intrude. The camping loops are set back into the park, down a long road and away from the day use areas. The entrance to the park is gated and requires a code to enter after hours. Grocery stores and shopping are only minutes outside of the gate. Disney and other Orlando tourist sites were about an hour or so away.

Site 21 was 65 feet long, along the outside of the loop, and plenty wide for our Airstream and TV. There was a picnic table and fire ring, 30amp power, water, and sewer. The ground was mixed sand and shells (?). Watch out for the ants! It did not take long for them to climb up a cooler we had sitting next to our rig and start hunting for a way to get in. Dumpsters were located at the entrance to the loop. The rangers and camp hosts were friendly and monitored the loops frequently. One evening a group of 12 or so young people were having a party at the campsite next to us but by 10pm they were gone, so we assumed the Rangers had asked them to leave.

We didn't get a chance to check out the Springs (available for swimming year round) or any of the walking trails due to a combination of a leaking water heater, rainy weather, and family obligations. We also did not use the bath house or other amenities.

Thumb 1926935 606505542753672 1849089407 n 420x420
Nathan @ Wand'rly

14 Volkswagen Bus, Champagne Edition, Riviera Campwagen

Nathan @ Wand'rly would stay here again

“Unfortunately, it poured rain...”

Reviewed Jan 10, 2015

I can't give a full review of this park because we "suffered" it during a torrential downpour for two days.

That said, I only have good things to say about what we did experience, namely our campsite.

Very large lots, even bigger than most Florida State Parks. We could see our neighbors to the left but there was tons of woods between us and everyone else. At one point, while the family was out grocery shopping, a knock came at my little aluminum door. I opened it to find a ranger.

"If a tornado comes through, run to the bathroom." I agreed with him, but wondered how I'd fit the Airstream through those little doors.

Nice staff and beautiful surroundings, just bummed I didn't get more time to look around the park itself.

I also grabbed a shower while I was here in the bathrooms, and they were as clean as you might expect from a very insect-laden state. The only thing I found weird was that the way the shower was setup, no shower curtain, just a door, you could pretty easily see in and out of the shower stalls. On the other hand, no one was ever in the bathroom the entire time I was there...

AT&T 4G

about Wekiwa Springs State Park?

• boat rental

Wekiva Falls RV Resort
Sorrento, Florida
Clarcona Horse Park
Apopka, Florida
Orlando nw orange blossom koa
Orlando NW-Orange Blossom KOA