Wayside RV Park

Pad Type: gravel

AT&T 3G
“OK park, noisy road”

Reviewed Oct 18, 2017

Funny story: While traveling cross country, I was searching online for a quiet place to stay one night and came across this campground. It was along my route, but wasn't strategically placed for a nighttime stay for us. But I liked the reviews I saw on another site and submitted it to Campendium, although I hadn't stayed there.

Well, after our truck broke down in the little town of Broadus, we were fortunate enough (so I thought) to spend the night at this little gem that had great reviews on another site. I was excited!

The park is older, with a few seasonal type campers. Cute, newer cabins available. Owner is a sweetheart and helpful with knowledge of the services in the area. The darkest, unlight polluted skies at night I had seen in a long time! I had forgotten there were so many stars up there!!

As my husband is a sensitive sleeper, we opted to boondock back in an area generally reserved for horse people, but further from the road and the intersection of hwy 212 and 59. Didn't help. There is no "jake brake" restriction out there and the beautifully lit up semis liked to used their jake brakes while coming down the hill at the intersection. All,,,,night....long. :(

AT&T 3G