Vernita Bridge

509-575-2740
360-902-2515

Pad Type: dirt
Max Stay: 14

Accessibility is not guaranteed, always scout ahead before driving down dirt roads.
Learn more: Boondocking 101

SubaruVagabond

Subaru Outback

SubaruVagabond would stay here again

“Large, Open Area, Busy, On the Columbia River”

Reviewed Sep 28, 2016

The first time I drove by this spot, I didn't have a valid Washington Discover Pass that is required. However, I took note that the Verizon reception looked decent and the sun exposure was excellent for solar panels. After getting the discover pass in Seattle and needing to recharge my batteries somewhat desperately (I'm 100% solar power), I decided to come back and stay here for a while.

The allowed area to camp is massive, with nearly countless places to setup. It's mostly just dry grass and some mixed shrub, and anywhere reasonable to park works here (be aware of your clearance on the dry grass, of course). When I arrived, there were tons of campers of several varieties all over. The most common thread was that most people were there for the boat ramp and fishing; a neighbor specifically noted that I was not and felt the need to ask what I was doing there. Given that, there's a lot of traffic of people pulling boats around the dirt roads.

My allergies got super bad here (end of September); worse than I usually get. Probably something in the air for those with fall allergy problems. Otherwise, it was a pleasant stay, which I would stay at again.

The main road in is a gravel turn off of the highway, on the Northwest side of the bridge. There is a rest area, including dump station and drinking water, on the Southwest side of the bridge, just across the river (you can't miss the latter!). Once in, you'll be driving on mostly dirt roads. They were all in excellent condition; rocky and therefore bumpy at parts, but easy enough for any vehicle to navigate, especially if you take it slow enough.

I was surprised at how clean it was for how busy it was, actually. There were port-a-potties, which did become rather unsanitary a day or so before they came and cleaned/restocked them. Otherwise, not bad at all.

I got Edge on T-Mobile and real good LTE on Verizon. No need to use a booster: it didn't help T-Mobile at all in any perceivable way, and didn't make Verizon any faster or more reliable. Verizon was fine as-is, for me.

about Vernita Bridge?

Nunnally lake
Nunnally Lake
Dept. Fish & Wildlife
Royal City, Washington
Royal city golf course rv park
Royal City Golf Course & RV Park