Valley View RV Park

Life Riding Shotgun

41 Crusader 360BHS
2013 Ram 3500HD

Life Riding Shotgun would stay here again

“Basic RV Park with Easy Access to I-35”

Reviewed Mar 19, 2018

This is a brand new RV Park, just opened March 3, 2018. We happened to see it as we were driving on I-35 to Dallas. We had spent hours searching for an RV Park with availability within 100 miles of Austin during Spring Break, but every single one was full or could not accommodate our big rig. Finding this brand new, yet-to-be advertised RV Park was the work of my guardian angels. I managed to dig up their phone number and made a reservation for one week. The daily rate is $49 and the weekly rate is $175. There is also a monthly rate. Only half of the RV Park is finished with full hookup sites, gravel sites with concrete pads. The layout flows well. There is a beautiful stone privacy wall surrounding the park. Landscaping is minimal at this point, although there are patches of grass between sites and along the park perimeter. Sites are wide enough to put out slides, but not exactly spacious. We were one of only a handful of RVs in the park, so we were fine, but if it were full, it would feel pretty close together. The main office is also where the bath house and laundry room are. There are 6 washers ($2) and 6 dryers ($1.50), and just one week after opening, 3 washers and 1 dryer were broken. There is no wifi or cable. Our Verizon phone and jetpack picked up signal, but it cycled between 2 bars LTE, 3 bars 3G, even down to no bars 1X occasionally. Antenna reception picks up all the major network channels from Austin, which is about 45 minutes down the road. I-35 is literally right outside the RV Park, making it very convenient, but also very noisy. It sits on top of a hill with views for miles all around. You can watch the sunrise and the sunset. It can be breezy, but that will feel nice during the summer I’m sure. Overall, this is a good, basic RV Park to use as a base for exploring Austin and Texas Hill Country or an extended stay for work. It’s a bit pricey for an overnight stay. The owners are new to this and I gave her some resources and mentioned Passport America, but as of now, they are not affiliated. I believe they offer a 10% discount off the nightly rate for Good Sam, military, and the like.

about Valley View RV Park?

• ADA Accessible
  • dog run

Tranquil Gardens RV Park
Salado, Texas
Berry Springs RV Park
Georgetown, Texas
Berry springs park and preserve
Berry Springs Park and Preserve