Val Vista Village RV Resort

Mesa, AZ 85213
480-832-2547

Weekly Rate: Yes
Monthly Rate: Yes
Pad Type: gravel with concrete patio

“High density, 1600 sites, full of amenities...but not for us.”

Reviewed Mar 31, 2016

First the price, we paid nothing to stay here. We were given a free three-night stay at an FMCA Rally. I am sure the hope is that we would love it and buy a lot or park model. I am not sure what the nightly rate is.

If you are looking for someplace to spend a few nights in Mesa, there has to be a better option. This is a densely packed Cal-Am RV Resort with narrow streets. It's hard for big rigs to get in and out. And living with 1600 of your best friends is not my idea of a good time. Thus the reason for my 3 star rating.

But, we met plenty of people that were snowbirds that loved staying here for the winter. All the people were very friendly and helpful. I guess it just depends upon what you like.

The pools and hot tubs were very nice. Being a quilter, I spent a morning in the new Fiber Arts Center and thoroughly enjoyed it. This new facility has a long arm for quilters to used. However, I was told I would need to take a $50 class to be able to use it. But classes were not longer being offered since it was "the end of the season." What a waste of a lovely machine. I was also told there are a couple of people who are year round residents who do make use of it in the summer. Lucky them.

90% of the sites are occupied by Park Models, some older and some newer. Most were kept up. RV were mixed in among them.

To summarize...avoid this place if you need a place to stay for only a few nights. But if you love being social, are looking for a long term stay, and don't mind looking out your window and seeing nothing but Park Models and RV roofs, it could be for you. It just wasn't for us.

about Val Vista Village RV Resort?

• wifi: free