The Twin Peaks Campground is located within the Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument and is close to the border with Mexico. This is one of the most scenic campgrounds we’ve stayed at and would definitely return for a longer stay.
This was our first experience with BLM and it was good.
* It is a large hard packed dirt lot, probably the size of two adjacent football fields;
* It has trash garage cans in all four corners;
* big rig friendly, probably could fit 30+...
We have nothing negative to say about this park. We plan on coming back next year for two weeks instead of just 4 nights!
* Small park, maybe 12 sites and a few of those are people staying for 3 months (winter Texans);
* The camp hosts Ken...
49 days ago
We stayed on Dec 31st (New Years) and it was super quiet except at mid-night. Only two other RVs in the 8 slots marked 'RV Parking'.
The RV parking area was in front of their auto service area so it was not on a busy road so no road...
Another nice State Park in Texas!
* In the 300 loop, the sites were well spaced from each other and had wonderful views of the lake and desert. Our site was level;
* full hook ups and lots of trash bins available;
* covered picnic...
We are sorry we couldn't stay longer.
The high light was the extensive set up they had for bird watching/viewing. Exceptional area, well worth coming back for this feature.
Good hiking trails as well.
The sites were muddy from the rain...
We stayed through the Christmas holiday and this park is associated with Mission Bell RV Resort. Mostly long term people but certainly has availability for those of us moving through.
* Super friendly and helpful staff, from the camp...
We were not impressed with the lack of 'customer service' from the person 'checking' us in. Borderline rude and our exchange was fairly brief. No maps available and he was somewhat put out to explain where the loop was located.
Overall, a nice cost effective (running a 62Plus discount) park.
* The gravel sites were large and long, fairly level and many of the sites were separated by landscaping. Eight sites with full hookups and others with E and W;
We stayed 7 nights, 8 days over the Thanksgiving holiday and this state park was busy. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here and would come back.
* with senior 62PLUS that Louisana was offering, the site with E and W was $13 per...