Union Grove (Union County) State Park

Reservations yes

Elevation 1257 ft

Max Length 45 ft

Q&A - Ask the Community about Union Grove (Union County) State Park

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Union Grove (Union County) State Park

Reviews of Union Grove (Union County) State Park 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 9/12/2019
Sprint
Last reported 10/28/2017
Thumb psx 20180619 164452
Dennis and Tracy
KY 0' 2015 Patriot JEEP
“Nice”

Reviewed 9/12/2019

We made reservation here. It was just a place to rest after traveling 15hours. Small, clean with huge nice shower (2) camp site. We got charged $6 for the RV once we enter camp ground---wasn't part of the camp fee of $25- THEN when we unhooked our small tow vehicle to go get a bite to eat in town- The camp host came around and charged us ANOTHER $6! aside from that this place was a great place atop a hill with a view. mind you it was $25 to camp, $6 for vehicle permit , and another $6 to unhook our tow car to drive to town. $37 total! Now as we took a walk we over heard another camper who had a friend over get Charged the $6 bucks--- I heard the lady say she planned on staying with their friends in the camper- for 6 days--- the camp host lady quickly said " well then you own me $36 bucks" . LOL!! It is what it is, be aware. OH-- on the plus side it did have hiking trails and a nice playground. ;)

Dennis and Tracy would stay here again

thecrazygoodlife.com
Jonesboro, GA 30' Jayco Ford 2013 F-150 Ecoboost
“Great Stop off the Interstate”

Reviewed 10/28/2017

Site Number: 19E

We were looking for a quick stop off the interstate as we were heading up to the Badlands. We showed up around 7 pm so we didn't get a chance to really explore the park, but we enjoyed this small campground.

The setting of the state park was beautiful. Surrounded by fields of sunflowers and corn, there's a big hill (too small to call a mountain) that rises up from it all and is where the campground is. The campground itself is mostly pull-thrus on grass or dirt pads. It's electric-only with water spigots throughout the CG. We landed a good site that was pretty level. There's only one small loop here so it had a homey feel to it.

The CG sits on top of a big hill and had a really nice overlook. There are evidently tons of hiking trails at this park which we weren't able to take advantage of. They have a really nice playground tucked in the woods. Bathroom was really nice and had individual shower/bathroom combos. CG hosts were friendly but man, were they hardcore! I hadn't hardly stepped out of my truck before they were on top of me about paying the parking pass ($7 I think) and how my firewood from GA better not even touch the ground (I get the whole wood from out of state thing). I felt accosted but once we got set up, things were fine.

This is a sleepy CG 5 min off of the interstate. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat and wouldn't even mind staying a couple of nights just to relax a little bit. There are NO stores nearby so bring your supplies. Also, I don't remember seeing a dump station.

Sprint

thecrazygoodlife.com would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Union Grove (Union County) State Park!

Be the first to add a video for Union Grove (Union County) State Park!

thecrazygoodlife.com
Jonesboro, GA 30' Jayco Ford 2013 F-150 Ecoboost
Union Grove State Park - Our Life...Crazy. Blessed. Adventurous. Good.

Date of Travel: August 18, 2017 Total Cost Per Night: $25 Address: Union Grove State Park, 30828 471st Avenue, Beresford,SD,57004 Phone Number: (605)987-2263 Website: http://gfp.sd.gov/state-parks...

Windmill Campground