Union Grove (Union County) State Park

Jonesboro, GA
30 Jayco 28BHS
2005 Ford F250
Site Number: 19E

thecrazygoodlife.com would stay here again

“Great Stop off the Interstate”

Reviewed Oct 28, 2017

We were looking for a quick stop off the interstate as we were heading up to the Badlands. We showed up around 7 pm so we didn't get a chance to really explore the park, but we enjoyed this small campground.

The setting of the state park was beautiful. Surrounded by fields of sunflowers and corn, there's a big hill (too small to call a mountain) that rises up from it all and is where the campground is. The campground itself is mostly pull-thrus on grass or dirt pads. It's electric-only with water spigots throughout the CG. We landed a good site that was pretty level. There's only one small loop here so it had a homey feel to it.

The CG sits on top of a big hill and had a really nice overlook. There are evidently tons of hiking trails at this park which we weren't able to take advantage of. They have a really nice playground tucked in the woods. Bathroom was really nice and had individual shower/bathroom combos. CG hosts were friendly but man, were they hardcore! I hadn't hardly stepped out of my truck before they were on top of me about paying the parking pass ($7 I think) and how my firewood from GA better not even touch the ground (I get the whole wood from out of state thing). I felt accosted but once we got set up, things were fine.

This is a sleepy CG 5 min off of the interstate. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat and wouldn't even mind staying a couple of nights just to relax a little bit. There are NO stores nearby so bring your supplies. Also, I don't remember seeing a dump station.

Sprint

Union Grove State Park - Our Life...Crazy. Blessed. Adventurous. Good.

Date of Travel: August 18, 2017 Total Cost Per Night: $25 Address: Union Grove State Park, 30828 471st Avenue, Beresford,SD,57004 Phone Number: (605)987-2263 Website: http://gfp.sd.gov/state-parks...

Windmill Campground