Uinta Dispersed Campsites

307-789-3194
801-999-2103

Open Seasonally: Yes
Max Stay: 14

Numerous dispersed campsites along Highway 150 and Christmas Meadows Road which branches off of it.

Verizon Extended
T-Mobile
Thumb img 20170905 121058
Vintage Gypsis

30 4 winds
2006 chev trailblazer

Vintage Gypsis would stay here again

“Hi Uinta Mountains away from everything”

Reviewed Aug 26, 2017

We camp in this area often probably 100 times over the last 40 years. Get off the blacktop and up one of the many roads that branch off SR 150. Our last trip was Aug 5th for 10 days on FR 036 Murdock Basin. The road is washboard but very passable for any sized unit for the first 2 miles lots of places to pull off and setup for a while farther up the road is high clearance units only. This is an ATV area and on weekends you will see many of them weekdays not so much. This is high altitude camping 8500-9500ft and snow is not uncomon anytime of year rain almost every day also. Wildlife is plentiful and we have seen Deer Elk Moose Bear Bobcat and Couger over the years. There are multiple lakes and streams with good fishing. Take what you need Kamas Utah on one end of the road and Evanston Wyoming on the other end is quite a trip for food or fuel. There are several NFS campgrounds along SR 150 that offer water and dump stations. Level spots are at a premium but with blocks and a bit of looking around you shoul be able to get level. Summer temps are 55-75 daytime and cold 20-40 at night so take winter type coats. We love this area for what it is and what it isn't. There is no cell service here over the years we have found one spot that has reliable cell service and that is a long (40 min) ATV ride to get to.

T-Mobile 4G
T-Mobile 3G
T-Mobile Extended

Andy

29 coachmen santara
2009 suzuki DL650

Andy would stay here again

“I enjoyed my stay there and would camp there again”

Reviewed Aug 06, 2017

There are numerous sites along Christmas Meadows Rd. It is fairly crowded on weekends, but thins out after Monday. I camped in a 29' class C and my choices were somewhat limited but I was lucky enough to find a good spot. Camping is free, but if you have an ATV that you want to use on the many ATV trails, you are required to obtain a recreation pass.
If you are bothered by ATV's running up and down the roads you might not want to camp too close to a road, but I don't really have a problem with them.
I did not see any sites that were level, but I don't expect level sites in the mountains anyway.
The road is not too bad up to the point where I was, and should not be a problem if you go slow.
I had very poor verizon cell service at my location, but good service about five miles north on highway 150.
I rated the noise as OK because of the road ATV traffic, but at night, it was super quiet.

Verizon Extended

about Uinta Dispersed Campsites?

• Dispersed Camping