Question about Tuttle Creek Campground

Thumb soc cheri brett composite square 180206

Hello Freedom asked on 2/2/2020

Big Rig Friendly? I see plenty of big rigs in the photos here on Campendium, but the official BLM website says "maximum recommended RV length is 30 feet." We have a 42' Class A. Can anyone clarify about big rig accessibility and parking?

Thumb campendium avatar
Campendium
WA 27' Airstream Flying Cloud Ford F-250

Answered on 2/3/2020:

Thank you for your question. Although we recommend a maximum trailer length of 30 ft to fit comfortably in all of our sites, a 42’ setup would be able to squeeze into some of the larger or pull though sites. Tuttle Creek Campground is on a first come first serve basis, and has water available at 3 locations in the campground (seasonally), and one dump station. However there are no in site hookups for water or sewage. Thank you for your interest in Tuttle Creek Campground.

Ely Lane - Park Ranger, Bureau of Land Management USDI Region 10 - Bishop Field Office (760) 872-5008
Thumb martelserotta
Bob Martel
MI 38' Renegade Verona LE

Answered on 2/2/2020:

Most sites at this campground will accommodate a rig of your size. Go with confidence. 😎
Ride, Dive and Be Murray
TX 44' Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QRP plus Hydralift 2016 Subaru Crosstrek

Answered on 2/2/2020:

We stayed in our 43’ class A. There are some sites that are smaller, but quite a few where you’ll fit easily

Answered on 2/2/2020:

Camped here with Class C and cargo trailer - total length 40’. No problems.
Dave
Desert Hot Springs, CA 31' Rockwood Windjammer 2013 Toyota Tundra

Answered on 2/5/2020:

We have a 32’ travel trailer pulled with a Toyota Tundra Crewmax. We have stayed in several spots and I have not had any problem backing in. Be aware though that a few months ago when we stayed at Tuttle Creek there were notices that the water was not potable. I feel if you can’t drink it... best not to shower in it. Just my opinion though.

Answered on 2/3/2020:

Yes, some sites are. The road is somewhat narrow and has large boulders around the park to backing into a space can be a challenge. We did see full size coaches in the spaces down below nearest the main road. Closer to the mountains they are more shallow and are not very level, we didn’t see any large rigs in those spots.
Thumb fullsizeoutput 222b
Mark & Suz
CA Revcon Trailblazer

Answered on 2/3/2020:

We've seen a few larger Class A's there - you will have to determine which site(s) can accommodate your rig - not all will.
Thumb image
Cliff Day
CA 32' Coachman Pursuit

Answered on 2/2/2020:

I have 32’ class a, no problem. However I haven’t seen anything as big as your rig there. I think it could be difficult to level a rig that large.
Thumb chris david
Chris&David
Redmond, OR 23' Oliver Oliver Legacy Elite II Ford F150

Answered on 2/2/2020:

I don’t recall seeing any that large when we stayed last October. Most were smaller rigs 30 feet and under.
We need your help!
We depend on the support of the community for maintenance and development of the Campendium website. If everyone who visits Campendium today gave $1.50 we would hit our goal. Learn more about the 2020 Campendium Fundraiser all the ways you can support us: Subscribe Donate Purchase