• Reviews (2)

Open Seasonally May - October

Elevation 820 ft / 249 m

View Map

Supporter Subscription

Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features!

• Cell Coverage Maps
  • Public Land Overlays
  • Trail Map Layers
  • Ad Free

Unlock Features

$20 Billed Annually

Q&A - Ask the Community about Trout Lake Township Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Trout Lake Township Campground

Reviews of Trout Lake Township Campground 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 8/15/2020
T-Mobile 4G/LTE
Last reported 8/15/2020
“This isn't really a negative review, but...”

Reviewed 8/15/2020

It was okay. Check-in was easy, once I found the host on her 0-turn mower, she snubbed out her cigarette in the dirt and opened the office. $25 cash and we were done. When I got to our assigned site (89) there was no 30 amp outlet, just 2 sets of 20 amp for 88 & 89. Back to the office. She and her assistant checked it out, couldn't find a 30 amp outlet either. "There should be one!" they both agreed. They suggested I pull to the next site over where there was a 30 amp plug. All good, but I forgot to get a water fill. Did that and just pulled off the road to get level and we were set.

Then the music started. And after that the movie. Seems there is entertainment for the kids on the weekend. The pavilion is at the east end of the campground, which just happens to be next to the nightly area. It wasn't bad but we kept our windows closed and AC on until it was over, since we were paying for 30 amp!

I'm sure the majority of campers in the central area and along the water are regulars and spend the entire weekend. As the prior reviewer so well put, she was concerned what the campground would be like if it were busy. It was busy, not completely packed (for a Friday night) but it was busy and it wasn't that bad.

I walked the dog to the west end of the park and found a large grassy field (campsites in the lower 20s) that looked very nice though I don't believe they had electricity. The breeze, a mix of pine, birch and oak trees made parts of this park very pretty. There are a few sites just west of the office in the upper 70s, I believe, that were on a significant slope so watch out for those.

It was a glorious day and the lake views were really gorgeous. There is a small sand beach and a huge playground, so boats and kids work well here. After the movie ended and the lights turned off we stepped outside to find a beautiful UP night sky with the Milky Way visible even before or eyes fully adjusted to the darkness.

Would we go out of our way to camp here again? Probably not. But if you wanted to get away with friends for a weekend on a really lovely lake just 25 miles from the Mackinaw Bridge, and don't mind a basic rustic campground, this might work out fine. The little town of Trout Lake was quaint with a couple of stores and restaurants.

We had weak T-Mobile and ATT signals but just enough bandwidth to stream YouTube for a bit with the booster.

AND, there are train tracks right in front of the entire campground. As far as we could tell, only one very short train came chugging through (with whistles blaring) at 7:30 AM.

T-Mobile 4G/LTE

SarahWynde
Mount Dora, FL 20' Winnebago Travato

Reviewed 8/15/2019

I'm giving an extra star for the water views. The layout of this campground was very parking lot style, with nothing separating one site from the next. It wasn't too crowded when I was there, but I would have hated it if it had been busy -- probably good if you have kids or a boat, but not my style of campground. On the other hand, water views. The showers were the kind where you have no control over the water temp. Verizon cell service was inconsistent.

Be the first to add a note for Trout Lake Township Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Trout Lake Township Campground!

SarahWynde
Mount Dora, FL 20' Winnebago Travato
Trout Lake & Wagner Lake

My campsite at Trout LakeI could blame the weather or the bugs, but I think I should have thought twice about staying at Trout Lake Campground when the campground host casually mentioned that they...

• boat ramp