Tohickon Valley County Park

Overview of Tohickon Valley County Park

Elevation 360 ft / 109 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about Tohickon Valley County Park

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Tohickon Valley County Park

Reviews of Tohickon Valley County Park 1 person has reviewed this location.

Last reported 10/31/2019
Thumb henrys lake sp idaho
bbvanlife
West Des Moines, IA Mercedes-Benz Metris
“Peace and quiet!”

Reviewed 10/31/2019

Since it was late in the season, I called ahead to make sure this campground (22 individual sites plus two group sites and four cabins – two rustic and two modern) was still open. I was reassured that it was, that reservations were not needed, and that a ranger would come around to collect our fee ($30 cash or check). We arrived around 6 pm to a completely empty campground. Granted it was a rainy Sunday night, but the gates were open and so were the restrooms, so we settled into site 16, across from the restrooms.

Aside from occasional road noise on Cafferty Road, we didn’t hear any noise or see another soul (including the ranger) during our overnight stay. We did not see a self-registration/pay station. The next morning, we woke to sunshine and the campground looked beautiful. No hookups and the bathrooms were reasonable but not the best we’ve encountered. The shower did not look very appealing. I did not see the cabins or the pool that is open Memorial Day through Labor Day. I read that two water releases each year in March and early November are very popular for whitewater rafters and many of these paddlers stay in the cabins and campground. I also read about hiking trails but could not find them on the Google map on my phone. Not seeing much to do, we packed up and left what was likely the most peaceful night of camping we’ve experienced in a long time!

bbvanlife would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Tohickon Valley County Park!

Be the first to add a video for Tohickon Valley County Park!

Have you written a blog post about Tohickon Valley County Park?