Tippecanoe River State Park

574-946-3213

markv
Sawyer, MI
30 Brave Winnebago

markv would stay here again

“NIce park pleasant surprise”

Reviewed Oct 17, 2015

We stopped in Mid October. It was still in the 70's. maybe 20 campers. Clean and quiet. If you are searching for privacy, this is fairly open. Lots of tall oaks. Plenty of trails, and the Tippecanoe River is lovely. As usual the park employees were helpful and friendly.

Marshall
Livingston, TX
24 Lance 1995
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Marshall would stay here again

“Nice State Park in the Middle of Nowhere, IN”

Reviewed Apr 09, 2015

Date of stay: August 2014

Having just left the Chicago area and headed to Indianapolis, I wanted to relax for a week before hitting another big city. After a quick look at my options within striking distance of Indy, I chose Tippecanoe River State Park. The cool name had absolutely nothing to do with my choice. ;)

Electric only campsites (water and dump station in park). $19 a night Sunday thru Wednesday and $26 a night Thursday thru Saturday. Plus a one time $7 vehicle entry fee.

The park is wooded, but doesn’t offer much (if any) privacy between sites. This wasn’t an issue when I first arrived during the week as I had half of the campground to myself. However the place was full on the weekend (I have no idea where the people came from as there isn’t a lot of population density in the area) and therefore was noisy with people enjoying their weekend. Pretty damn noisy. Earplugs were required.

There are hiking trails as well as a decent amount of roads to ride bikes on (11 miles are possible without having to cover the same road). A quote from my blog post: “The park itself is quite good sized, with a lot of river frontage and different areas including group camping, cabin rentals, a separate horse campground, and day use areas.”

I explored the surrounding area a bit and was pleasantly surprised by the city of Culver. I also took advantage of the nearby Panhandle Pathway (rails-to-trails) for a nice long bike ride.

Overall not a bad place to recharge one’s batteries if you happen to be in the area.

Rest Week in the Middle of Nowhere Indiana

I had been on the road four months when I entered Indiana and I hadn't taken any real time to just be. To have no plans to visit or explore. To relax and decompress. I had been busy visiting people and...

• boat ramp