Timberline Campground

Goodfield, IL 61742
309-965-2224

Weekly Rate: Yes
Monthly Rate: Yes

“Horrible didn't even get to unhook the camper”

Reviewed May 27, 2017

I paid a month in advance for a spot during the memorial weekend until Tuesday. Two weeks later called to confirm that I still had a spot. They did confirm, but stated that the spot we were in was not that good of a spot and gave us a new spot, 331. We arrived Saturday and when we finally found our spot, it was on the side of a hill. My truck that was pulling my camper got stuck on the side of this hill trying to get to spot 331. I then had to go past this spot to adjust the position for the hook ups. Got to the bottom of the hill and could not make it back up. I then called the office to request help on getting unstuck, and also a new spot because I could not get to 331. The office informed me that someone would be there shortly to help get me unstuck and they would check on another open spot. One hour went by and nothing, so several campers around 331 helped her my camper and truck back up ton the top of this hill. I then went to the office to request a manager to see about getting my money back because we were leaving the park at this point. I received an audience with a manager, and I informed them of waiting an hour for help that never came. The manager was unaware of this request and or was never going to come to my aid at all. The manager agreed to refund my money and at that time I was satisfied, until the owner came in and stated that I would not get my money back. I explained to the owner that I got stuck before I even got to my site. The owner stated that the can not control the rain and that I was not getting anything back and I should leave. I was never even able to unhitch my camper from the truck nor camp, but they were rude and stole 105.00 dollars from my wife and I. I warn everyone to stay far away from this place and stay somewhere else. Horrible owner, and all of the staff lie and steal your money. They do not care about the paying customers, just the money.

Brad
Champaign, IL
35 Keystone Cougar 31SQB
2014 Ford F250

Brad would stay here again

“New owners making big improvements!”

Reviewed May 31, 2016

This campground used to be a Jellystone, but was purchased last year and is now called Timberline Campground. We camped with a group of three families and had a really good time during the long Memorial day weekend. Everyone working at the campground was extremely friendly and helpful. We had an electrical issue on our second day and the maintenance team were at our site in a matter of minutes and quickly solved the issue. They had a ton of scheduled activities throughout the weekend and our kids had a great time!

Amenities included a bouncy pillow, small playground (this could be updated), stocked pond with paddle boats, new putt putt golf course, beach volleyball, basketball hoop, activities room, and a swimming pool. We didn't use the wireless because it was fairly slow and there was decent LTE coverage for Verizon and AT&T, but we saw several new wireless antennas throughout the camp and by July they are supposed to have a new improved system up and running. The web site says there is a charge for wireless, but it was free the weekend we were there. It was obvious that the new owners have done a great deal since they took over last year and I am sure the campground will be even better in the coming years.

I really enjoyed this camp because it wasn't the typical private campground. There were some nice wooded areas surrounding the camp and several separate loops. The spots in our loop were fairly spacious even on a busy weekend with every spot booked. A couple of the other loops looked a bit tighter.

about Timberline Campground?