Three Rivers Resort

CootersOnTheGo
SD
35 Arctic Fox 29-5K
2001 Dodge Ram 3500
“Tight spots for larger rigs”

Reviewed Apr 06, 2017

We really liked that they didn't just clear cut their land, they left many large old growth trees in place, which makes for an awesome camping experience. The canopy towers 50 - 100ft over the top of your campsite, providing really nice shaded spots.

The turns to get in and out of the campground loop as well as the approach to many of the sites is very tough for a large rig. Our 5th wheel is 35ft and with the truck we are 52 ft in length, and it was definitely took a lot of patience to get through there. I had to come through the loop backwards to get into our space. The only reason we were able to get out is because the space across from us we empty when we left, and there are some tight turns where the side of my rig barely cleared a building and I was only able to make the turn because there were no cars parked in parking spaces next to their convenience store.

The staff was very friendly and willing to help but they didn't seem super swift when it came to RVs (I think they mostly get tenters). Thankfully I walked back to look at the first space they assigned me. They asked me my length twice when I made the reservation but they still managed to assign me a site that was only 25 ft deep, about 10 ft short of what my RV uses let alone the truck. When I tried to explain to the young lady that was working the counter at the time what the issue was it really confused her and it took awhile to get a site that would work.

That being said it is nice that there is a fuel station and convenience store right there on the property as well as a restaurant, that though a little over priced does have good burgers and shakes. Also if you call in a restaurant order they will deliver to your RV spot (like room service to your RV).

It's rather close to Forks (which I found to be a boring place) and close to the Olympic National Park (very nice) and some nice beaches and some good hiking trails.

I think there are other places around there I would prefer to stay, but that is mostly due to the size of my rig. Smaller rigs probably won't have the issues I encountered and will find access more enjoyable.

[Actual stay was 06/18/15]

Thumb cooters
Three Rivers Resort & RV Park | Cooters On The Go

Three Rivers Resort & RV Park Posted on Jun 25, 2015 by Billy in Our Travel Notes | There park itself was rather nice and quiet but we had our fair of issues getting in and out of the place....

• general store