Thomas Canyon Campground

775-331-6444
Reservations: 877-444-6777

Max Stay: 14

Site Number: 38A

Panda would stay here again

“Beautiful location”

Reviewed Aug 25, 2018

Thomas Canyon CG is gorgeous!!! We were lucky to find a spot, as there was only 1 left to accommodate our small trailer. I would reserve if you could, we arrived on a Wednesday and was already full. However, 38A is right on the creek and our toddler had a blast playing and throwing rocks in the creek. The crickets and the sounds from the creek make for great sleeping!!

There is really only 1 complaint that I have. The FS website as well as the registration board for the CG states that you get a discount with the America the Beautiful Interagency Pass. However, the CG host stated he had never seen one of those before and then proceeded to tell us he was not sure how we even got a pass because we are under 65!?, well we pay $80 every year for this pass!!! Well, this was our 3rd CG on this road trip and the only one that did not honor our pass. I am not a complainer, but if it states right on the registration board that the pass is honored, then it should be honored!!!

RudiOnTheRoad
Forest Knolls, CA
16 Airstream International Signature Bambi

RudiOnTheRoad would stay here again

“Summer is best here!”

Reviewed Sep 30, 2017

This is an absolutely beautiful spot to camp... when it's summertime! I made the mistake of trying to camp here in late September. The lower two loops, B and C, which are the nicest, were closed. All the water was turned off and there was no camp host. Vault toilets and trash pickup so it was clean. The A loop, open later, has 16 sites and is next to the road, so you hear hunters' trucks passing by on and off throughout the day. I have a 16' trailer so it was no problem for me, but I wouldnt try a rig here longer than 25 feet or so. Only a few spots to fit these. However, the trail up the canyon coming out of the campground is stunningly beautiful. There are waterfalls with pools and lakes up high in the canyon. Probably icy swimming but I wasn't going to try it in September. This campground would be an ideal getaway along I80 if you are en route to Yellowstone in the summer. No bears, just mountain goats! Only $4 with America the Beautiful Pass at this time of year! I got no cell service but texts came through with my Booster on AT&T.

AT&T

about Thomas Canyon Campground?

South fork reservoir