Susquehanna State Park

Reservations yes

Elevation 229 ft / 69 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about Susquehanna State Park

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Susquehanna State Park

Reviews of Susquehanna State Park 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 9/28/2018
Thumb rocinante logo 400px
Casa Rocinante
WA 28' Airstream International Signature 2014 Ram 1500
“Badly off-level overgrown sites”

Reviewed 9/28/2018

Site 42 is the most off-level site we’ve ever seen, and as full-timers, weve seen a lot. Despite maximizing our ramps, etc. We approached but were unable to achieve level. A first for us. Many sites, especially ours, are overgrown and un-trimmed. As a result, tree branches and brush intrude badly at the entrance to the site, making it very difficult to get in without scratching or otherwise damaging the trailer. For us, this was literally a port in a storm, so we also noted that it is muddy and unpleasant here in rainy conditions.

Rest rooms and showers are in good shape and clean. Showers are free for campers.

Verizon signal exists but is weak, mostly 1 bar of 3g or 1x. With booster we got up to 2-3 bars LTE, but it was slow.

Lastly, the GPS route here is not to be trusted, so carefully review your map and call the campground if necessary to help you choose the best route. Avoid Cooley Mill Road, which has sharp turns on a narrow country lane.

jenventola
24' Jayco Yosemite

Reviewed 7/19/2018

We stayed in the Acorn Loop, site #38. Site was very shaded, and probably the most secluded feel of anywhere we’ve camped. Camping pad was nice and level, although the driveway was slightly sloped. One of our bunk ends extended beyond the pad into the woods, which was just fine by me. Nice amount of space in between sites. Short walk to bath house, through the woods behind us. There were also several, very private, “walk-up” type sites for tents.

Bath house was immaculate; one of the cleanest I have ever seen in a campground. Must have been recently renovated. Deer Creek day-use area was nice; had a big playground and a few pavilions. Picnic area was an open field with very little shade, and the amount of goose poop was unreal; like walking through a minefield. For that reason alone, I don’t think I would host any events there. There is a little fishing pond there, which my husband and daughter enjoyed. We hiked back to the campground from here, which was a nice easy-to-moderate trail. The beginning was pretty rough for me, since I was wearing my infant son while navigating an uphill trail, but it quickly evened out. There are also plenty of areas to stop along the road in the campground, with access to the creek for wading. The water felt great, but the bottom was rather pebbly. There is a historic area in the park, with a working grist mill, mansion and other little buildings to view. Not really my thing, but was pretty neat. The views of the river are really nice from here.

Overall, I really loved this park. The campground was definitely my favorite of everywhere we’ve camped so far. Look forward to returning and spending more time in the creek!

jenventola would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Susquehanna State Park!

Be the first to add a video for Susquehanna State Park!

Have you written a blog post about Susquehanna State Park?

Bar Harbor RV Park & Marina