Susquehanna State Park

Havre de Grace, MD 21078
410-734-9035

jenventola

24 Jayco Yosemite

jenventola would stay here again

Reviewed Jul 19, 2018

We stayed in the Acorn Loop, site #38. Site was very shaded, and probably the most secluded feel of anywhere we’ve camped. Camping pad was nice and level, although the driveway was slightly sloped. One of our bunk ends extended beyond the pad into the woods, which was just fine by me. Nice amount of space in between sites. Short walk to bath house, through the woods behind us. There were also several, very private, “walk-up” type sites for tents.

Bath house was immaculate; one of the cleanest I have ever seen in a campground. Must have been recently renovated. Deer Creek day-use area was nice; had a big playground and a few pavilions. Picnic area was an open field with very little shade, and the amount of goose poop was unreal; like walking through a minefield. For that reason alone, I don’t think I would host any events there. There is a little fishing pond there, which my husband and daughter enjoyed. We hiked back to the campground from here, which was a nice easy-to-moderate trail. The beginning was pretty rough for me, since I was wearing my infant son while navigating an uphill trail, but it quickly evened out. There are also plenty of areas to stop along the road in the campground, with access to the creek for wading. The water felt great, but the bottom was rather pebbly. There is a historic area in the park, with a working grist mill, mansion and other little buildings to view. Not really my thing, but was pretty neat. The views of the river are really nice from here.

Overall, I really loved this park. The campground was definitely my favorite of everywhere we’ve camped so far. Look forward to returning and spending more time in the creek!

about Susquehanna State Park?

Holloway Beach
Charlestown, Maryland
Bar harbor rv park marina
Bar Harbor RV Park & Marina