Sunset Lakes RV Resort

Hillsdale, IL 61257
800-747-5253

Sprint 4G/LTE

Bkpete77 would stay here again

“Always an automatic good experience ”

Reviewed Jul 04, 2018

We have been coming to Sunset lakes for the better part of 10 years. What we love most aside from it being oess than 3 hours from home are;

• Couteous respectful staff, never an issue with anyone
  • Quiet camping experience, always a peaceful experience with very linited exceptions
  • Many opportunities to entertain our kids, with the swimming, fishing, and planned activities there is no shortage of things to do for them.
  • Friendly seasonals, in other resorts we often feel like “Outsiders” from the seasonal campers, here they are either friendly or quiet. Here you will pay a bit more than many people will feel fair, but you also get alot for that money. They are revamping their facilities currently and there are still some older sites that are not very wide and other wise tight. But their newly improved sites offer plent of space and ease of access. The new free wifi is good enough for most surfing, many repeaters throughout the property. If higher bandwith is needed it is available for purchase. Daily weekly and monthly plans available. 3 day plan for $10. Overall this is a nice place, good for over night or for full timers. Close access to the Quad cities via I-88,
Sprint 4G/LTE

Rehoob would stay here again

“One of the best parks yet!”

Reviewed Jun 27, 2018

Perhaps one of THE best campgrounds we have ever been to! I have some comments, basic FYI notes (not complaints) while some are more of the constructive criticism. Nothing of which should be misconstrued as complaints as I WILL be coming back.

1. Pack and rack'em! We stayed on the lake front spots and they were so close to each other that you could hear your neighbor snoring. One neighbor overtook their lot onto the lot we were assigned making it difficult, no impossible, to back our RV onto it. The strip was only 1/2 full so went to the office and requested a spot we liked and they obliged but only with grumbling.

2. Note, some of these sites have a tree directly in the middle of the spot making it literally impossible to park an RV. Get the map, and choose your site. site reservations are not on the booking page so will have to talk about that later.

3. Military discount. THANK YOU for your respect. However, when I checked in, I was tired (driving) and forgot to ask for the military discount. When I checked out, I was told sorry, already paid and they do not honor military discounts after payment is made. I called the SunSet resort company and they said I was at the mercy of the management company of the park itself. Keep in mind, there reservation page does not ask the question of veteran status or not. Holiday Inn website always asks the questions then says you need to validate your status upon checkout and a message has been sent to the resort letting them know a veteran is on their way.

4. lights, golf carts. Sunset RV has an unofficial nightly contest to see who has the golf carts with the brightest lights. Everything closes down in the evening except for the golf cart races. The only way to get into the race is to have a redneck golf cart with lights bright enough to light the neighborhood. OH, don't forget the music! Trying to get some sleep was difficult as folks were driving around the park, drunk, some doing spin outs, other blaring their radios, while the majority of them beaming their uber bright lights into your line of sight (bright enough to be seen from Mars)... Seriously, how bright of a light does one really need?

5. Staff! WOW! Professional, courtesy, and definitely appreciated.

6. Dump station. not a complaint but please upgrade your simple dump station to meet the capabilities of modern RV's. They offered a rinse hose (thank you) but there is not connection to connect even my own grey water hose to my RV to flush it. Shame on me for not being fully prepared for this but never again. Still, instead of a cut off rubber hose, put on a fixture so I can either connect my grey hose or connect directly to the flush connection itself. For what we paid, this would be a very simple and inexpesive upgrade.

7. Check in. Check in was efficient and logical and easy! FAST. kudos!

8. Pool was AWESOME! one of the best yet! Clean, large. Could do better without the multitiude of personal loud speakers.

9. Grounds were clean! I even saw insecticide people spraying the grounds for bugs. Thank you.

10. Cost. A bit on the pricey side. price included the miniature golf which was a very nice and clean course. However, I had to pay for my own balls ($2 each ball). For the price of staying, I think they could afford to give me 2-4 balls at check in.

11. PM Closure. Maybe we missed something but it seemed like things closed at weird times like the pool (early PM). If things are closing then fine, I accept that but I was not made ware of what times these things closed. To be honest, I got the impression permanent residence were treated differently. Example: we went to the store to get my children an ice creme cone. Yes it was late, 9:10, and were turned away because they said they closed at 9. OK, fine, can live with that but then at about 9:20 while in the parking lot, we notice a family coming out of the store with ice cream cones while walking to the permanent sites area. Again, maybe I missed it somewhere but would have been nice to see times posted someplace,

this site was very clean and again, one of the best I have been too. A few little annoyances but now I know, won't hold my breath.

1. Season sites. We liked this site so much, we investigated permanent sites then were told $4,000 for 6 months not including utilities and I have to maintain the grounds. Let me guess, there is an HOA fee too? Nothing is worth that so will stick with periodic visits. For $4,000, it should be all inclusive to include the golf cart (with ultra bright lights attached of course).

2. No alcohol. Thank you. The on site store does not sell alcohol which was refreshing, thank you.

3. I wish the lake was stocked as we tried to fish but no luck except for turtles and frogs, and tadpoles.

about Sunset Lakes RV Resort?

• swimming pool: onsite