• Reviews

Overview of Sunny Valley RV Park & Campground

Weekly Rate Yes

Reservations yes

Open Seasonally March - Oct.

Q&A - Ask the Community about Sunny Valley RV Park & Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Sunny Valley RV Park & Campground

Reviews of Sunny Valley RV Park & Campground 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 6/23/2018
Last reported 5/24/2019
“Good for an overnight or if in the area”

Reviewed 5/24/2019

This campground is a former KOA right off of I-5. It is easy to get to and can handle big rigs (just watch for tree limbs). The price we paid was for 50 amps and water.

The owners are nice people and were out and about working on the place. It appears they are making improvements. There are tent sites, RV sites, and camping cabins.

All the sites are gravel surrounded by grass set within a grove of large pine and oak trees. The noise from I-5 was very present 24x7. There are a number of full time residents in the park.

We didn't use any of the facilities since we are self contained, so I can't address those.

There is a very tame deer wandering throughout the campground. It approached me on my way dispose of garbage and started sniffing my garbage bag. That was a first!

The campground WiFi existed, but was slow at 1.5 Mbps down. Verizon barely worked for us. My jetpack showed two bars but couldn't get any real connection. My phone did better, picking up voice calls with 1 bar. Verizon may work better in other parts of the campground. We ended up using our ATT hotspot with 3 bars and 5 Mbps down for internet.

Surprisingly, you can get some over the air television, specifically PBS and ABC out of Medford.

For us at least, I wouldn't say this campground a "destination." It is good for an overnight stay if passing through. In our case we needed a few days to get some work done, so it suited us for that. If you are visiting Grants Pass, this could be a home base.

Grants Pass is worth a visit. This quirky town is 12 miles away and has a cute downtown area.

Verizon Voice Only

CeeGee would stay here again

“Excellent”

Reviewed 6/23/2018

Site Number: 14 &15

Clean campground right off the 5 freeway. Very nice bathrooms and showers(which are free to use to campers). Playground, horse shoe pits, and pool very nice to have right there to use. The owners are very friendly and can help you if you are not familiar with the area.

Myoung would stay here again

Be the first to add a note for Sunny Valley RV Park & Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Sunny Valley RV Park & Campground!

Have you written a blog post about Sunny Valley RV Park & Campground?

Connectivity