Sullivans Mobile Home & RV Park

Chugiak, AK
32 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH Trailer
2017 Ram 2500 CTD
Site Number: B8

mstaudi would stay here again

“Manage your expectations...”

Reviewed Apr 28, 2017

Ok, so I need to preface this review with the fact that we were looking for a low cost option with full hookups to wait out a storm on our way to Yellowstone. The storm was going to last for about a week, so we didn't want to be spending $30+/night. We also wanted to be in a town with some good restaurants and grocery options.

I was looking up Passport America campgrounds with no restrictions on length of stay and found this place in Pocatello. At$16/night with full hookups, we decided to go for it, knowing that this was a trailer park as well.

I'll admit, the place is pretty run down. It's an older trailer park and could use some TLC. However, the manager and his wife were friendly, and we found all the neighbors to be friendly as well. We felt safe during our stay here.

I'm not entirely sure how many spaces are actually RV spots vs. Long-term rental spots. The place is pretty tight, so managing a big rig here could be a little tricky, but there are roads on both sides of the property, so it's not like you could get stuck and have to reverse out. I was a little worried about our back in spot when I first saw the park, but our spot actually had a ton of room to back the trailer up.

I don't think this place has WiFi. We used our phones for internet. Good service with Verizon and AT&T. The have a pay laundry facility, but machines are really old. They still did the job though. Recommend using the big dryer, as the little dryer didn't seem to get any wetness out of the clothes. They also had a bath house, but we never used it as they said there is an extra charge to use showers. Didn't care since we had full hookups.

Overall, while there is nothing glamorous about this park, we did enjoy our stay here, and it fit what we were looking for. We liked the location and found some good walking trails and things to do nearby. If you are willing to pay more, cowboys RV Park is just down the road and looks like more of a proper RV park. However, it will be more than double the cost of what I paid here.
Note that there is no way I would stay here without the Passport America discount.

about Sullivans Mobile Home & RV Park?

• restrooms: onsite