Sugar Pines RV Park

575-682-3375

Sprint 4G/LTE
“Excellent”

Reviewed Sep 13, 2018

Although a little pricey it was worth the stay. People were very helpful and friendly. I will definitely stay there again.

Sprint 4G/LTE

1 review not included in the overall rating
The reviews below are not up to Campendium's standards for quality and reliability and therefore are not counted toward the overall star rating. Please see our FAQ page for more information.
“Don't bother.”

Reviewed Jul 09, 2018

Negative reviews, although helpful to the reviewing public, are never pleasant to leave. I hope this review will be helpful for folks considering Sugar Pines RV park for a stay when visiting Cloudcroft, NM. We booked a stay at the RV park for labor day weekend 2015. We called and booked over the phone, and were told we would need to send in a $125 deposit by check, which we did. The later part of August 2015, due to a family emergency, we called to cancel our reservation. We were told the check had been cashed, but we would be sent a credit slip for the full deposit for a later stay. We were not informed we had a time limit of a year on the credit. As a matter of fact, I mentioned to the fellow it would be quite some time before we would be able to use the credit, as we live over 14 hours away. I was told it wouldn't be a problem, just hold onto the credit voucher, which we did. Last week I called and talked to Curtis about redeeming our credit and reserving a space for July. I was told he would get back to me, there shouldn't be any problem, but he would check with Eric, the owner and let me know. He told me to bring the credit slip with us when we came, which we did. I did not hear from Curtis before leaving for Cloudcroft. After arriving in Cloudcroft a week later, I again contacted Curtis about reserving an RV space. I was told to stop by so he could get a copy of my credit slip to call the owner. Curtis made a copy of the slip and envelope and said he would contact Eric and get back to us that day. I never received a call. i called the next morning and got Curtis. He said he would contact Eric and get me an answer. A few hours later, Curtis did call to say Eric refused to honor our credit voucher nor offer us a reservation or refund. Curtis gave me Eric's number to contact. I contacted Eric by phone. I asked him why he was refusing to honor the credit. He said the time frame had elapsed for using our credit. I explained to him that at the time of the cancellation, were not told we had a certain time frame to use the credit, nor was that particular rule stated anywhere on the credit voucher. Eric said they changed their rules this year, but that rule had always been in place. He stood firm on his refusal to allow us to book a stay or refund our money. It would be helpful if the rules for using a credit voucher were published on the voucher. If folks are unaware there are rules and stipulations, those rules can't be followed! I made several attempts to work things out with this business. It's ashame we were not able to come to an agreement, or to obtain a refund of our $125 deposit. There are nice places to stay in the Cloudcroft area. My advise... take your business where folks are honest and care about people. FYI....FYI national Forest have beautiful camping facilities available!

about Sugar Pines RV Park?

• restrooms: onsite

Sleepy grass campground
Sleepy Grass Campground
Deerhead campground
Deerhead Campground
Pines campground
Pines Campground
Cloudcroft, New Mexico
Fir group campground lincoln nf
Fir Group Campground