• Reviews

Open Seasonally Yes

Elevation 9683 ft

Q&A - Ask the Community about Sugar Loafin Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Sugar Loafin Campground

Reviews of Sugar Loafin Campground 1 person has reviewed this location.

Last reported 7/31/2017
Dutchman
Colorado Springs, CO 26' Cruiser RV Viewfinder Ford F150
“Very poor reservation system.”

Reviewed 7/31/2017

Arrived on 7/26 expecting a great camping experience. Our hopes were dashed upon pulling into the CG. The approach is not appealing at all. Overgrown weeds/grass, big mud puddles, unappealing buildings. The worse was yet to come.

Upon checking in we were greeted by some very courteous young people who escorted us to our site. The site was so small we wouldn't be able to put out our slide and our door was right next to a large tree. When I asked where the sewer was I was informed this was not a FHU site.

When we returned to the office we found out that the reservation we made in May was not going to work. We had planned to be camping with another couple. They had already made their reservation for a FHU site and we were to be near them. So,over the next few months we planned on a great four days together. The staff then put us onto another much bigger site with FHU no where near them. This site was a real mess. Large mud hole, overgrown weeds and right across from the office. The most undesirable site in any CG. All traffic went right by us.

To continue, I ended up speaking to the owner about the reservation problem. He was very defensive about it. He left to research it and came back to report. I was told that the CG was full when we made our reservation and that when we made our reservation we really didn't make a "reservation". What? He than told me that the office staff only takes our info and really don't know what's available on any particular date. It's his job to set up reservations on his computer, not theirs. He than showed me a copy of an e-mail he sent to my wife to inform us that there was non FHU site available but a 30A site was and we would be assigned that one.

When my wife made the reservation, and she is very experienced at doing this, she had to repeat her email address three times because the lady could not get it right and it's certainly not complicated. When the owner showed me the email he sent to her about the reservation problem it had the wrong email address on it so naturally she never received it. He said that's not their fault. Even though the email was returned as undeliverable they could not be bothered to call her. I showed him the copy of our check-in form with the wrong email and her correct phone number on it. No matter he said. He has people making reservations a year earlier and it's hard to keep track of them.

This, in our opinion, shows a severe lack of professionalism on his part. It is also reflected in the poor condition of the CG.

A side note. This was a very busy weekend as there was a large Jeep rally in the area so there was much traffic in and out of the CG. There are many great CG's in the area on US Forest property, any of which would have been a much better choice.

Be the first to add a note for Sugar Loafin Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Sugar Loafin Campground!

Have you written a blog post about Sugar Loafin Campground?

• restrooms: onsite

County Road 48

Open Dispersed Camping, Close to Town & Data Connection

- StoryChasing.com

Matchless Campground

Lower CG = OUTSTANDING: internet + solar + lakeview!

- QWERTY

Molly Brown Campground

Quiet campground on Turquoise Lake

- RidingRoadsAndTrails

Turquoise Lake RV Dump Station

Difficult to get to, lousy water pressure.

- John T

Baby Doe Campground

Best Campground I've Ever Stayed In

- Jenn

Father Dyer Campground

Wind through pines....trout on the line...

- Wayfairer