Stoevers Dam Park

Overview of Stoevers Dam Park

Elevation 557 ft / 169 m

View Map

Supporter Subscription

Become a Campendium Supporter and enjoy ad-free browsing plus bonus features!

• Cell Coverage Maps
  • Public Land Overlays
  • Trail Map Layers
  • Ad Free

Unlock Features

$20 Billed Annually

Q&A - Ask the Community about Stoevers Dam Park

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Stoevers Dam Park

Reviews of Stoevers Dam Park 2 people have reviewed this location.

Confirmed by 2 Users
Last reported 10/11/2019
walt
PA 18' Safari Alto F1743 Ford F150
“Nice Clean Park”

Reviewed 10/11/2019

There are 7 electric sites next to each other - non-private though each site is spacious. Most any rig would fit ok. No problem with park road which is only 1/3 mile from Miller Street - no road noise. From October to March the price rises from $13/night to $22/night. The city also charges $3/night permit fee. Tent fees are $3/night. The park is 150 acres with a 23 acre lake and is kept nicely. A couple of walking trails near sites. The 2 vault toilets seemed clean enough when I was there. Trash cans nearby. No water or sewer. The website has a tele # to call ahead of time for reservations. I didn't use it but instead went to City Hall - Rm 217 - to the city clerk to pay. Pleasant ladies.
The volunteer employee in the Chevy S-10 came around at 6 PM to unlock elect box - pleasant fellow. He's 80 years old and probably lonesome enough to want to talk a little. Stayed to chat a few minutes and then left. After work hours lots of people use the park til dusk. Afterwards, no one around except campers. My 2-bar Verizon signal was good enough to get decent internet. I think the increase in winter fees is a bit over the top but YMMV.

walt would stay here again

“Kind park rangers”

Reviewed 9/27/2019

Googled free camping in PA and came across a site that listed this place. Got to the park around 4:20 PM and saw signs saying permit required for camping. Permits were available at the town hall (if I remember correctly), but offices closed at 4:30 PM. I tried calling the number listed on the sign but got no answer. Saw that there was a Walmart nearby and accepted that I would probably have to sleep there in my converted van. Decided to do some cooking and housekeeping while at the park before the sun went down, knowing I wouldn't be able to in the parking lot of Walmart.

Around 7 PM, a man approached me saying that campers needed to be at their sites by 6 PM. I explained that I had gotten there too late to get a permit and would be leaving before dusk. He said he was a park ranger and that since I was from out of state he could ask his fellow ranger on-duty if I could get a permit since I was only planning on staying 1 night. He suggested I stay put for a bit while he went to go find him. Sure enough, 20 min later, another man with a clipboard came by, took my info and $3 (since I wasn't planning on using the electric hookup, $12 for electric) and gave me an official permit.

There were 4-5 sites with electric for RVs/vans, other dispersed non-electric sites for tents. The electric sites all had fire rings and trash bins. Park seemed to be popular for families, saw a bunch come through with kids to walk the trails but all left before dark. Night was peaceful and as a lone traveler, I felt very safe. Only bathrooms were porta potties but were clean and stocked with toilet paper and santizer.

Kimderly would stay here again

Don & Beth
Fleetwood Cheyenne pop-up trailer Tent

noted 10/29/2019

11/12/18 - We called about this campground, and opted not to stay, but wanted to post what we learned. This is a county park - they charge $3/person/night (at least for a tent) and told us up front that we would have to be sure we slept in our tent and not out under the stars because they'd had "issues". We didn't press for details. They said that they had porta-potties and no water.

Be the first to add a video for Stoevers Dam Park!

Have you written a blog post about Stoevers Dam Park?

PA Dutch Country RV Resort

Cramped campground and very noisy

- AB

Hershey Thousand Trails RV Resort

Our favorite of 20 Thousand Trails campgrounds this year

- sowickesited

Jonestown/Hershey KOA

Clean bathrooms, right off interstate

- Maine-iacs!!

Pinch Pond Family Campground

Great staff, noisy, okay amenities

- JessandFlo