Stoddard Valley OHV Area

BLM

Stoddard Wells Road
Apple Valley, CA 92307
760-252-6000

Accessibility is not guaranteed, always scout ahead before driving down dirt roads.
Learn more: Boondocking 101

T-Mobile 4G/LTE
Site Number: n/a

MichelleKry would stay here again

“Pretty, dusty, free!”

Reviewed Jun 17, 2018

It was a wide open space of dirt/sand. The wind was blowing pretty hard when we got there making quite a dusty mess. When the wind died down, it was much more enjoyable. Plenty of space and solid ground for a large rig. As one would expect, the dirt bikers started going before 7am on a Saturday.

I want to explain how we got there. We were traveling north on RT 15 towards Barstow, I punched in the coordinates. Per the prior review and how the GPS navigated us, we were to continue heading to Barstow to then head east and south on Barstow Road (aka 247). All was good except this was out of the way for where we wanted to be. So, when I saw signs on Rt 15 for an OHV area, I figured it would also have free camping there and not be out of our way. We took the exit for Outlet Center Drive, the Stoddard Valley OHV area is short way east and on the right. There very well may be parking on the eastern part of the area from Barstow Road. I am just saying there IS parking on the west side from Rt 15.

Site Number: dispersed
“Picturesque view ”

Reviewed May 07, 2018

Picturesque view of the surrounding mountains. The dirt road off of Barstow Rd was in fairly good shape and most of the land there is somewhat flat. Being an OHV area there was some noise but not excessive. It seemed to be the busiest on the weekends. I have no serious complaint about the OHV area and phone reception was good. I enjoyed my stay.

T-Mobile 4G/LTE

about Stoddard Valley OHV Area?

• Dispersed Camping

Sawtooth canyon campground
Sawtooth Canyon Campground
BLM
Lucerne Valley, California
Flying j travel plaza barstow ca
Flying J Travel Plaza