St. Augustine Beach KOA

904-471-3113
Reservations: 800-562-4022

Pad Type: asphalt
Max Length: 70 ft

“Great staff, tight/uneven sites! ”

Reviewed Feb 19, 2018

We generally stay at state parks and this was our first stay at a private park. That being said. The staff was exceptional! They were very friendly and helpful with everything from delivering fire wood to helping people fix small things on their campers. The problem for me was the campsites.

They were very tight. To get around my slide I had to basically step into our neighbors campsite. The fire pit is about 3 ft from the road so sitting by the fire in our chairs we were literally sitting inches from the road and had to move when campers were pulling through. And then the parking pad was very uneven. I trippled up on the back tire stops and only put one in the front and made my wife get out of the camper when I disconnected the fifth wheel hitch in case it rolled away. It was that bad lol. I had to use a block of those tire levels (10 to a block) to set under each of my rear stabilizers because the backend was so high while my fifth wheel hitch was only about 3.5-4 ft off the ground.

The “lake” which was just an oblong pond had some pretty big fish jumping around in it. I couldn’t get anything to bite but didn’t try hard. Only there a lure in a few times. There’s plenty of ducks and cormorants around to feed.

Locale is great. It was a short drive to the heart of St Augustine and is near the St Augustine Amphitheater where we happened upon a really great farmers market going on.

As close as everyone was to each other though, it was extremely quiet and relaxing!

Cable and WiFi were provided with site. Cable was mediocre with about 10 channels and I found myself disconnecting from WiFi every time I was connected because it wouldn’t load my requests.

They also have a little dog park that is fenced in so your dogs can run around and play off leash.

Thumb image
epritch7
Chillicothe, OH
23 Airstream Flying Cloud 23D
2007 Lexus GX470

epritch7 would stay here again

“A place to sleep convenient to downtown ”

Reviewed Apr 29, 2016

This was our first experience with a private campground. Very clean, very expensive. Sites are pretty much stacked up on top of one another but there are full hook ups, wifi and cable tv. There is also a pool, fenced dog run, playground and broad rentals. We opted for a "lake" ground site. It's really a small pond but I did see people fishing out of it. It was only a few bucks more than the other sites. Ours was also s pull through quick I feel is cheating but it was the only sites available since I booked 1 day in advance and in a Friday. Site was not at all level front to back to the point at which my wife was worried that our Airstream would roll into the lake when we unhitched. 4 mi drive to downtown which is a plus. Another good alternative if you are visiting St Augustine and Anastasia SP is not available and Faver Dykes is too far away for you.

about St. Augustine Beach KOA?

• cable tv