Question about Soap Creek Dispersed Camping

daisglas asked on 4/19/2022

We will be pulling a 28ft TT, will we have clearance for turning around? Also, is this area usually very busy? Thanks!

Jan K
Jan K
MI
37' Fleetwood Discovery

Answered on 4/19/2022:

We camped there twice, once with a 34ft TT and once with our 37ft MH. So clearance and space is not an issue. You might have to pick one of the spots closer to the entrance rather then pulling all the way to the remote spots near the canyon. I recommend you unhook the trailer and scout the area first. There’s a perfect gravel parking lot 1/2 mile north of the entrance. We were there in January, and there were 2-3 other campers. I would expect it is more busy now.
Bigfishdiveclub
Bigfishdiveclub
CA
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 4x4

Answered on 4/19/2022:

Plenty room for your TT to turn or camp. The road is on the bumpy side, but very flat with wide turns. Drive slowly and yiu will love this place.
jenn
jenn
Spearfish, SD
36' Jayco 310RLTS
Ram 2500

Answered on 4/19/2022:

It’s not super busy. There is a turn around at the end of the road going right and left though the road on the left is much rougher and longer so you may want to scout before towing down that way.
Fstewert
Fstewert
WA
32' Grand Design Reflection303RLS
Chevrolet Silverado 3500 HD

Answered on 4/19/2022:

Both roads in have a loop at the end to turn around. The road to the left has three stretches of rough bedrocks (100 yards at least). The road to the right has a few rough bedrock sections but are fine if going slow!

Answered on 4/19/2022:

1. I had plenty of clearance with a 24TT. 2. When I got there in September, there were times when the entire location was empty, and there were times when it was completely full. How many spots you have access to depends on your trailer and if it can handle driving over the nastiest sharpest rocks you've probably never seen.