Sleepy Hollow Farm

1679 West Waukau Avenue
Oshkosh, WI 54902
920-231-0122

1 review not included in the overall rating
The reviews below are not up to Campendium's standards for quality and reliability and therefore are not counted toward the overall star rating. Please see our FAQ page for more information.
“Health Hazard!”

Reviewed Sep 09, 2018

We rented a cabin at Sleepy Hollow Farm for the 2018 EAA AirVenture. We paid our deposit months in advance and the remaining balance before the deadline. Having previously stayed there with a camper, we thought it would be great – it was HORRIBLE!
On arrival we received our keys and proceeded to the cabin but got a terrible surprise when we opened the door. Stepping inside the smell of mold and mildew hit us! We turned to each other and said; “I don’t think we can stay here.” Giving it the benefit of doubt though we turned on the air conditioner and sat in the car for about 30 minutes hoping it would help and improve but sadly it did not.
I talked with Pam (our main contact person) and asked for a refund to be issued and she said she would contact Jeff (the owner) and said he would contact me in the morning. We never expected a 5 star accommodations but did expect a place we could breathe and wouldn’t send us to the emergency room.
I waited a couple of days and never heard from him so sent a message to the email address he used in confirming my deposit and payment. I did not get a response so I kept sending emails every few days for our entire vacation. After 3 weeks I finally got a reply: Hello Mrs. Long
 I have come across several emails from you in the Spam folder on my computer. I understand that you had a reservation to stay with us and you found the facilities unsuitable. I apologize for that and want to let you know that we take these situations seriously. We were able to rent the cabin out for a portion of the week and would be happy to refund the remainder to you. If you could provide me with a current address, I can send it out without delay. Thanks and sorry for the delay. Jeff
It has now been 7 weeks since I asked him to contact me and 4 weeks since I received his email saying he would send a refund. So far NOTHING! NO contact and NO refund.
He got paid TWICE to rent the cabin! UNPROFESSIONAL.
Do not rent a cabin from him unless you want to stay in a nasty, unpleasant, health hazard!

about Sleepy Hollow Farm?

• restrooms: onsite