Skookum Creek Campground

Open Seasonally Yes

Elevation 2,034 ft / 619 m

Q&A - Ask the Community about Skookum Creek Campground

Campendium users haven't asked any questions about Skookum Creek Campground

Reviews of Skookum Creek Campground 2 people have reviewed this location.

Last reported 3/10/2019
Last reported 3/10/2019
Iceclimber
WA 34' Heritage Glen 272 RL Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
“Updated Review”

Reviewed 3/10/2019

This is a DNR campground, not BLM. Washington Discover Pass required. I've stayed a couple times since I found the site closed the hard way. They take good care of this small campground, the pit toilets are clean and serviced regularly. A few of the sites would be challenging for a bigger camper, some are fairly easy. However I did accidentally scrape a tree with my awning just driving through, so keep a close eye on the side clearances through a couple tight spots. We have seen eagles, lots of other critters a even a black bear one time. I see they are working on providing water which would be a nice addition, and also a camp host site has been taking shape over a couple years. Like many DNR sites we enjoy, locals seem to move in and stay for a bit. Hunters also take over big parts of the camp in season, run generators and all the usual hunter type activities. Locals also "cruise" the campground in trucks and ATV's looking for what, I don't know but I've never had anything stolen. My favorite Skookum Creek fellow camper story was one perfect Sunday morning I was sitting out enjoying coffee and the glory of this picturesque, quiet spot and another RV started blaring evangelical type propaganda over their speakers. I politely asked them to keep that to themselves and they graciously complied :) The town of Newport is down the river for supplies. You can hear the road, but it's never bothered me.

Iceclimber would stay here again

“Closed without warning....”

Reviewed 10/30/2016

Um, yeah, pulled up to give this place a try. Showed open on the BLM web site, but it was closed for 5 days to replace outhouses. No sign at the drive, and guess what - no room to turn around.

Way to go, BLM.

Be the first to add a note for Skookum Creek Campground!

Be the first to add a video for Skookum Creek Campground!

Have you written a blog post about Skookum Creek Campground?